“Spring Lake Beach”

Reviewed July 3, 2012

Nice beach, families, food nearby. Clean, friendly

Reviewed June 29, 2012

Visited Spring Lake beach for the day with my family and met another family there that was visiting from Texas. We really enjoyed it. The beach is beautiful, not nearly as crowded as the traditional NJ shore beach and it was very peaceful.

The things that stand out in my mind about the beach are: first, parking is free and was readily available on the weekday that we went.

Second, the fee to go on the beach (for those ages 11+) is $9 per day. They use wristbands for daily beachgoers, not the typical beach tags.

Third, there is no food or drinks allowed on the beach. That was the most interesting rule of all. People do bring coolers and leave them on the boardwalk under the gazebo areas. When people were ready to eat or drink, they would just walk up to the boardwalk (not a long walk) and eat / drink on one of the benches or gazebos and go back to the beach. They also have snack stands at their pavillions, which have a pretty good selection of food, but a little pricey. One bottle of water was $2.50. We brought bottles of water in our bags down to the beach because otherwise one would become dehydrated. No one bothered us about having the drinks there.

Fourth, the seagulls. My husband and I were looking around and noticed that there were very few seagulls flying around us, which is unusual for the Jersey shore and then we realized it was because there is no food allowed on the beach. The seagulls follow the food and it was nice not to have them swooping down on you at every turn. I did see seagulls down the beach looking for crabs, but they weren't bothering the beachgoers..I have to give Spring Lake credit - it seems all of their numerous rules and regulations are working on preserving the environment.

After we were done on the beach we drove down to the Parker House in Sea Girt and it was very lovely and we had a blast sitting on their back patio enjoying drinks and their raw bar.

Overall the beach was beautiful, peaceful and clean. My son commented that the water was more clear than other shore points. It was a fun, family experience and I would love to go back.

10  Thank Stephanie D
Reviewed May 30, 2012

Looking for a nice beach to go to this summer! this is it... clean, family oriented and just beautiful

1  Thank pamperedsoul
Reviewed May 10, 2012

Spring Lake beaches are soooo beautiful, clean, family oriented, a NJ dream. We live nearby and this is our favorite beach to go every weekend in the summer.

1  Thank spdaroca
Reviewed February 28, 2012

Went running on the beach, as I do occasionally when the sand is firm at low tide. It's a beautiful day, everything's going great, people and their children running around with their dogs. Most dogs are leashed....others....not so much. I've been chased several times by dogs, but my fear of actually getting bit by 1 did happened. This town has gotten more and more pathetic over the years. It's no wonder why several people, including my parents, came to their senses and moved out of this town. They have accrued WAY too many stupid rules over the years (and as certain mayors and council people repeatedly get reelected). But when it comes to dogs running "freely" on the beach...that's a NO-NO. I got bit, not a life-threatening situation for me (I'm 38). But what if a dog like this chased and bit a child. That could be traumatizing for children. The bubble, I mean borough of Spring Lake is only concerned with real estate offices, charging people $8 to sit on sand, more real estate offices, upkeeping the North American version of the Vatican (St. Catharine's church), more real estate offices, knocking down victorian homes so the Joneses can build new homes with their inherited, not hard-earned, money and last but not least....more real estate offices. Other than that, Spring Lake is a beautiful town!!

4  Thank WVU1995