“Very good”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Jersey Avenue
Transit: Local Monmouth County bus service runs on 3rd Avenue. Taxi service readily available. NJ Transit train Station for Spring Lake within walking distance.
Description: Pastaio is the Italian word for "pasta maker" which reflects our Chef's experience working as Pastaio for restaurants in New York including Eataly, where she would turn out roughly 3,000 pounds weekly. We now bring fresh handmade pasta daily to the Jersey Shore incorporating the freshest seasonal ingredients to our menu that changes each week. At Pastaio we strive to support our local produce, fish and meat, purveyors on an organic and sustainable basis. Our Menu reflects our kitchen staff experience with classical french training and the bounty of the Garden State. We are proud to utilize Pat LaFrieda Meats of New York for our meat and poultry. Ask about having your next event in our Private Party Room which can accommodate up to 50. Gluten Free Meatballs and fresh Gluten Free Pasta Available.
parsippany, nj
“Very good”
Reviewed September 8, 2013 via mobile

We were aprehensive about eating here after all the bad reviews but I am glad we did. The service was efficient. The food was very good. A few points on the service .....when coffee is served, you should also bring cream and sugar. Make sure the guests have the proper utensils for the dessert course. Explain what the fish of the days is and the dessert of the day. I had a blueberry cobbler that was excellent. We will defintely return next time we are in Spring Lake.

Visited September 2013

Clifton, Virginia
“Horrible and rude”
Reviewed September 6, 2013

We just left this supposedly classy restaurant in our favorite shore town. It was the worst Italian restaurant ever!, we ordered appetizers and two entrees. The appetizers were buratta which was lovely and overdone eggplant. An hour later a waitress came over to announce they ran out of gnocchi. A little late to order something else. They split my husband's meatball dinner which we didn't want them to do. The sauce was awful, it tasted like tomato paste. They offered us nothing and we left the food. Disgusting food and service.

• Visited September 2013
Brick, New Jersey
“Great”
Reviewed August 24, 2013 via mobile

Have been there 8 times in 9 weeks. With a different menu every week, we find the quality of food to be consistent. Service can be slow but If you enjoy your company, and wine, it is well worth the wait. The staff from the top down are accommodating and are ready and willing to provide you with a evening of fine dining.

• Visited August 2013
“Should be called "Inconsistent" instead of "Pastaio"”
Reviewed August 12, 2013

This was our fourth visit since they opened a couple of years ago and we are locals who dine out frequently. That should tell you something. Our first visit two years ago was lunch which was excellent. Second visit was not long afterwards for our anniversary dinner and we were very disappointed as it was "fair", We wrote that off as a "bad night" for the chef. The third visit a couple of months later was lunch which was good, but not "great" and today,a year and a half later we had lunch which was very good, with the exception of having to ask for bread with our pasta and meatballs. I have read all of the reviews and can empathize with each one. There is definitely talent here in food preparation but it cries out to be honed for consistency and execution in a restaurant that is charging high end prices for a high end gastronomic experience. We will not be bringing our guests there this week as the inconsistency is too risky...

Ocean, NJ
“Will Visit Again”
Reviewed August 10, 2013

My husband and I had dinner here last night, a Friday night, with a 6:30 reservation. I think this may be a good time to go. There was no crowd so we did not feel cramped and it was not loud. Additionally, the service was good and we did not wait for the food, actually, it came a bit to fast, despite asking for a respite between the excellent zucchini flowers and the entrees. I had a pasta dish with a gorgonzola sauce, arugula and tomatoes. On the menu it said it was to be prepared with heirloom tomatoes, it was served with ordinary grape tomatoes. I mentioned it to someone who appeared in charge, he went and asked the chef, she said the heirlooms did not come in, they offered to make me another dish. I declined and did not eat the tomatoes. It was very good. My husband had gnocchi with meatball and red sauce. The meatballs and the gnocchi were both very light. We did not have dessert. A good portion of the dessert menu is gelato. FYI they sell their gelato in their restaurant, Moo, next door for 3.5 a scoop as opposed to 8 for a small portion on the dessert menu. It is a BYOB, Spring Lake Bottle Shop is across the street and down a bit, they have an excellent selection of wine and have traveled in Italy tasting the wines, get yourself a bottle from there. I will give it my 3 tries and enter another review after my third visit.