“Very nice...”

Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Spring Lake
Farnham, United Kingdom
“Very nice...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2010

My husband and I stayed here for a few nights recently. The public areas (in the hotel) are pleasant and clean. In my opinion it felt like the bedrooms could do with a bit of a refurb, or maybe it just wasnt to my taste? There is a very very small outdoor pool which was great to have however, if there are more than 6/7 of you there it can feel a little crowded but there are lovely beaches close by. For me, this is great place for a couple of nights. The staff on reception were fantastic!
The restaurant next door is a definite must! This has got to be one of the best places I have eaten in and it is byo!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JLM71

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (214)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2010

I had to cancel my reservation because my car broke down and a mentally ill son who needed care so I could not arrive on the scheduled date which was after the 14 days policy. This hotel did not offer anything I could do - all that was said was that "it was processed," so I lost the money for the night. So if you do not get there after 14 days you will lose your night's fee of the room no matter what !

Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
5 Thank Hotel53449
Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2010

My husband and I went to Spring Lake for a long weekend over the 4th of July. We stayed in suite 20. The rooms were very pretty and clean. We loved that there was a pool. The staff was very helpful and friendly. The location is excellent with the beautiful lake right across the street and the beach and downtown just a short walk or drive from the hotel. We had a wonderful time and plan to stay again!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2010

My husband and I just spent a weekend at the Hewitt Wellington. We've been to a few Bed and Breakfasts in Spring Lake throughout the years. The Hewitt Wellington was great!! The staff were so friendly and helpful, yet not overbearing. The continental breakfast was great as well. I like that this hotel has a small pool... this way, when we got tired from being on the beach, we had an alternative! I'd highly recommend this hotel if you'd like a nice quiet getaway!! We will be back!

Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Blairstown
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2009

It was a spur of the moment long weekend trip. We looked at hotel ratings on trip advisor and decided on the Hewitt Wellington after reading reviews. It was better than we imagined it would be, large rooms, beautiful location.....quiet. We especially loved sitting on the large front porch sipping champagne. Whispers restaurant served us a wonderful meal. Amaris, at the front desk, was very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank CindyTBlairstown
valley forge
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2009

I spent the Labor Day weekend at the hotel and had an absolutely fabulous time. I had never been to Spring Lake before and the staff were very helpful in pointing me in the right direction; actually it was the staff that made the stay so enjoyable. The pool was fantastic too. All in all it was a very enjoyable and relaxing staff.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with friends
1 Thank skiqueen11
new jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2009

From the time we arrived, we could not have asked for better service. The personal at this hotel was excellent. Each person manning the front desk at all different times, was willing and able to help us with all our questions. They were willing and able to suggest places to visit, eat, rent bikes, etc. The 2 rooms we had were very spacious, very clean and very cool in temperature. We had a continental breakfast every morning and we usually stopped in for tea between 4:30-6 in the pm. We swam in the very clean pool and beach towels were supplied so we could save ours for the beach. We have stayed here two times and plan to come back time and time again. The Pinto's

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
#1 of 6 in Asbury Park
Spring Lake Inn
Spring Lake Inn
#4 of 8 in Spring Lake

Been to Hewitt Wellington? Share your experiences!