We stayed two nights at the Hewitt Wellington. Spring Lake is a beautiful town with a pristine beach and new boardwalk. Kathy is SO nice and helpful. We stayed in a large suite on the third floor. Even though we didn't have a lake view, the view was fine. The pull out couch could use updating but we didn't have any complaints from our kids. The continental breakfast offered is good if you are not a big breakfast eater. Whispers will do take out if you don't want to dine there.
Families with children are very welcome. It has a B & B feel without being a B & B.
We arrived by train but I would strongly suggest having a car. Taxis are very expensive and public transit is hard to come by. We rented a car in nearby Asbury Park and they picked us up from the hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hewitt Wellington is a historic Victorian hotel situated in one of the most beautiful settings on the New Jersey shore. The Hewitt Wellington has been a luxurious vacation retreat since the turn of the 20th century and was recently meticulously renovated, preserving both the architectural integrity and old-world charm that earned her a place in history. The Hewitt Wellington Hotel is proud to offer elegantly appointed suites as well as a heated pool, graceful wraparound porches and one of New Jersey's top-rated restaurants. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz and Priceline so you can book your Hewitt Wellington reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hewitt Wellington Hotel Spring Lake
- Hewitt Wellington Spring Lake