“Great expierence.”

Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Spring Lake
South River, New Jersey
“Great expierence.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2013

This is a beautiful hotel. The manager was extremely friendly and the room we stayed in was great. The only issue I had is that the pool is out of commission with no mention of it on the website! We specifically booked the room that had the pool porch so we could have direct access to the pool but arrived to find it was not open. It was a huge bummer. If we had known we probably would have gone somewhere else that had a working pool.

Room Tip: If you want to use the pool, call beforehand to make sure construction on it is done.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Kathy T, General Manager at Hewitt Wellington, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to review your stay with us and I'm so glad that overall you had a nice stay. I do apologize that the pool pavers were being replaced without notification online. As we do have a seasonal pool, it is usually not open until between mid-May and Memorial Day Weekend. Please feel free to contact us directly prior to your next visit so we can make sure it is an excellent one.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (214)
Oak Ridge, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2013

This was our first time staying at the Hewitt Wellington. Upon arrival, we learned there was an error in our reservation. We had booked through an online third party site that I had never used before and they didn't transfer the correct dates, although my confirmation was correct. Everyone was so accomodating and worked quickly to remedy the situation. They could not have been more helpful. We had a beautiful room (Room 11) with a view of the ocean. We were only staying for one evening. We plan to return and would not hesitate to recommed the Hewitt Wellington. Spring Lake is absolutely beautiful.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay. I'm so glad that we were here to help you out and get the error corrected. I hope things went well for you the next day at the run and I look forward to seeing you again!
Newburgh, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2013

We stayed in Room 6, a room with a view of the Lake and a big, beautiful balcony. The room was cozy with a King Size bed and very quiet. We were attending a wedding at The Breakers and decided on Hewitt Wellington because it offered a Continental Breakfast and was in a beautiful location. Spring Lake is absolutely gorgeous. Would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Kathy T, General Manager at Hewitt Wellington, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
Thank you for reviewing us on Tripadvisor. I'm so glad that you had a great stay with us. Room 6 is a great room with a wonderful view. We hope you will join us again soon for another getaway.

Masachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2013 via mobile

We stayed in room 28, one of the recently renovated suites, and we loved it. The view of the water is great and the room is beautiful! The continental breakfast had a lot of options and we went to it both days. The only issue we had was the parking situation. There are about 10 spots right in front of the hotel and if they're full you have to park on the street, which the manager was up front about. She warned us that we may be ticketed for street parking. We didn't end up getting ticketed but I wish they had more parking so we didn't have to worry about it. Otherwise, we loved it!

• Stayed April 2013
Kathy T, General Manager at Hewitt Wellington, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. It sounds as though you had an excellent stay with us. Though the parking directly in front of the hotel is limited, our guests are also able to utilize another area directly across the street as well. Please make sure to contact me directly prior to you next visit so we can make sure you have another fantastic stay with us.

Hoboken, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2013

My husband and I decided to get away for just an overnight. We stayed at this lovely hotel. It was clean, the manager, Kathy, was most helpful and was available for any questions. We had a very nice time. Would not hesitate to stay at the Hewitt Wellington again.

Room Tip: If you have difficulty walking, be sure to ask for a room on the first floor as the stairs are not v...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. I'm so glad that you had a great stay with us and we look forward to seeing you again soon!
Dumont, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2013

If I could, I would give my review a rating between very good and average. Both describe this property. The location of the Hewitt Wellington is excellent. Two blocks from the beach and right on the lake. The common areas seem to have been recently updated and were very attractive.

Our room was up a steep flight of stairs on the third floor. It was a good size but needs a redo. It was rather worn and dated. The room has a queen bed that was comfortable enough, two easy chairs, a flat screen tv and a private balcony. An alarm clock would be nice and some visitor info in the room is always welcome. ie. hotel policies, how to use the tv, local restaurants and attractions, etc. The shower head needs to be replaced. The water only trickles out.

A continental breakfast is included, but the buffet is empty every morning. The whole set up is very odd and confusing. Guests need to wait for the manager to serve them. She is very friendly, however it's often hard to get a hold of her. The front desk is not usually occupied. A sign explaining that guests need to wait for the manager to bring their food out and a list of the menu options would be helpful.

This hotel is very laid back in the off season and not the "luxurious" accommodations advertised. We love the quiet off season, but service shouldn't suffer. We'll be back, but we'll know better of what to expect.

Room Tip: Choose a lower level room if climbing stairs is a problem.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. Though it seems that overall you enjoyed your stay, I apologize that we did not offer 100% excellent service to you. During the slower times, in an effort to offer more personalized breakfast service I waited for guests to come down in the morning and take care of them. In doing this, it seems to have made some others have to wait and that was not my intention.
Please feel free to contact me prior to your next visit with us so I can make sure everything will be perfect for you and you will simply be able to relax and enjoy your time with us.
Howell, New Jersey
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2013

No attendant when we checked in or out. The continental breakfast was not there a couple of the days we were there because no one was in the hotel to set it up. Loved the room, location, view, & restaurant, but service was almost non-existent.

• Stayed April 2013
Kathy T, General Manager at Hewitt Wellington, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Thank you for your review about your stay with us recently. I do apologize that I was not available to you when you needed me. I believe we spoke the first morning you were with us in the breakfast area but I did not realize that you would have to leave the remaining mornings before our usual 8am breakfast time. For your next visit, please contact me prior to arrival so we can make arrangements for you to have breakfast before you start your day.

Kathy Tartaglia
#1 of 6 in Asbury Park
Spring Lake Inn
Spring Lake Inn
#4 of 8 in Spring Lake

Been to Hewitt Wellington? Share your experiences!