My in-laws stayed here many years ago and loved it. My wife and I figured it would be a nice overnight trip for us to celebrate my b-day. We arrived and were greeted by Bill at the front desk. He provided all of the necessary hotel information but was not very warm or inviting. He seemed more robotic. He took us to our room which included a private balcony. It was the highlight of our stay as we enjoyed sitting under the moon & stars later that night. The room itself was okay. It seemed clean at first but after further inspection (on day 2), we noticed the return vent in the ceiling wasn't clean (see picture). Plus the drapery/curtain in the bathroom looked like it hadn't been washed in months (dust, hair, etc.). The pressure in the shower was non-existent and our queen bed rocked when anyone moved to adjust their sleeping position. Needless to say, we didn't get a good night sleep. We went downstairs the next day to have breakfast (which was included). Typical continental b-fast, nothing special. I suggest they include an egg and pancake/waffle option in the future so you feel you're getting some value.
We departed after our b-fast disappointed in our stay. The only real benefit I can see is the location of this place. Its right on the lake and close to the beach and Point Pleasant (15 minute drive). Other then that, it was very average (especially for the price in off season)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hewitt Wellington is a historic Victorian hotel situated in one of the most beautiful settings on the New Jersey shore. The Hewitt Wellington has been a luxurious vacation retreat since the turn of the 20th century and was recently meticulously renovated, preserving both the architectural integrity and old-world charm that earned her a place in history. The Hewitt Wellington Hotel is proud to offer elegantly appointed suites as well as a heated pool, graceful wraparound porches and one of New Jersey's top-rated restaurants. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Travelocity and Odigeo so you can book your Hewitt Wellington reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hewitt Wellington Hotel Spring Lake
- Hewitt Wellington Spring Lake