We celebrated my birthday in Spring Lake and truly enjoyed our stay at the Hewitt Wellington. The room/suite was a great size with a separate living area and porch. It was immaculately clean and I appreciated, as silly as it sounds, the nicely sized bath towels. The hotel location was perfect and scenic - just across from the lake, and just a scenic 10 minute walk to the lovely town. Also, the hotel staff were very friendly and helpful. We would definately go back. The only issue was the mattress and the size of the bed. We would have thought a suite should have a queen sized bed and the mattress was way too soft and lumpy - we sank into the middle of it and pillows - not so great. The only suggestion, therefore, I would have is that upgrades are needed for, at least the room we stayed in (room 2) on the mattress and pillows. Other than that, check out the Hewitt Wellington, but specify you'd like a room with a firm mattress, if that is your thing.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hewitt Wellington is a historic Victorian hotel situated in one of the most beautiful settings on the New Jersey shore. The Hewitt Wellington has been a luxurious vacation retreat since the turn of the 20th century and was recently meticulously renovated, preserving both the architectural integrity and old-world charm that earned her a place in history. The Hewitt Wellington Hotel is proud to offer elegantly appointed suites as well as a heated pool, graceful wraparound porches and one of New Jersey's top-rated restaurants. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Agoda, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Travelocity and getaroom.com so you can book your Hewitt Wellington reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hewitt Wellington Hotel Spring Lake
- Hewitt Wellington Spring Lake