My husband and I drove down without a reservation and stumbled upon the Hewitt by accident. We were lucky they had a vacancy. We stayed on the 3rd floor with a private balcony. The view of the lake was fabulous, and you could even see some of the ocean. The room was beautiful, clean, and perfect for a quick romantic get-away. The beach tags were included, and we were able to use the tags until 3:00 the day we checked out. This is a nice policy considering the cost of beach tags down at the shore. ($8-$9 per person per day) The hotel was wonderfully decorated and the grounds were impeccable. We brought our bikes with us so it was a pretty quick ride down to the beach, only about 2 blocks. We had a fantastic time and the staff was friendly and accomodating.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hewitt Wellington is a historic Victorian hotel situated in one of the most beautiful settings on the New Jersey shore. The Hewitt Wellington has been a luxurious vacation retreat since the turn of the 20th century and was recently meticulously renovated, preserving both the architectural integrity and old-world charm that earned her a place in history. The Hewitt Wellington Hotel is proud to offer elegantly appointed suites as well as a heated pool, graceful wraparound porches and one of New Jersey's top-rated restaurants. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Priceline and getaroom.com so you can book your Hewitt Wellington reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hewitt Wellington Hotel Spring Lake
- Hewitt Wellington Spring Lake