“Wonderful Place for Family Event”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Doolan's

Doolan's
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Spring Lake
Alexandria Virginia
“Wonderful Place for Family Event”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2010

My family held a gathering at Doolans following my mother's funeral. The Doolan family was caring and responsive on the phone as we planned the event. While we were estimating about 25 people would attend, the actual number was 60 and Doolans didn't miss a beat. The food was wonderful for all and the wait staff was attentive. On a difficult
day for our family, the Doolan family came through for us. (We did not stay at the hotel)

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Coastal South Carolina, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2009

We held an 88th Birthday Party for my father-in-law at Doolans on October 24. I can't say enough about the level and quality of service . Susan Doolan was there to help us plan the party and to answer the many questions we had along the way (and having never planned a party of this size before there were many). The Staff that worked the party did a great job keeping the evening flowing and helping with the little things that come up (we did have 5 people in their 80's so it was a tough crowd).
Can't say enough about how good the food was. We had a buffet and received many compliments from our guests about how much the enjoyed the food. The Beef Bourguignon was unbelievable (We will be going back to the restaurant to try it again).
Although my wife and I live in the area and so did not stay at the hotel, we had people coming from Colorado and Florida who had no complaints about the hotel when I spoke to them the next week. As a matter of fact, everyone we have spoken with since the party has told us how much they enjoyed the party, the food and Doolans.
Looks like we will be back for the 89th birthday next year.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
ylr_98
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2009

I stayed at Doolan (Room 124) for a wedding and was completely disgusted by the conditions of thier rooms and just fiflth. Moldy shower curtains, burnt lamp shades, dirty beds and sunken in. I had to clean the AC filter in the middle of the night due to an asthma attack and to my surprise it was a 4 inches thick of dirt and cloged the bath tub! The hotel owners response oh sorry we clean them every 6 to 10 months. Needless to say we slept with our clothes and socks on of fear of cathching anything. All you have to do is take a look at the dirty fake flowers upon entering and one look at the AC vent above you in the ballroom and you will run. They are black! The bathroom flooded during the wedding and they just turned a blind eye! The inproper handling of food is astonshing and would prompt you not to eat. Cutting a backed Alaske on a dirty towel and wipping your sweat with a cloth glove is just gross. I am in the process of calling any regualroy body that could possibly make them inspect this place. Brides don't waste your money or embarass your self with this place that charges 95.00 per person. I warn don't stay there I though the reviews where exagerated! Nope they are actually kind it is a dump. Beacuse of my stay there I contracted a bacterial infection and have been out of work for a week! Just for cleaning the filter!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Spring Lake hotels

NJ
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2009

Had a High School reunion there this weekend and found the food to be very good - restaurant, banquet, and breakfast and the staff to be most accommodating. Even last minute requests were filled without a blink of the eye.
For price and value, I would rate Doolan's VERY high.

• Stayed September 2009
1 Thank RedRedWineNJ
brick
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2009

My only daughter got married and picked Doolans because of the beautiful Crystal chandeliers, but it was the delicious food and friendly staff that made the event so special. Everything was flawless from the hotel guest reservations to the rehearsal dinner. Not a detail was missing. The ice sculpture was breathtaking and the venitian table with the flaming cherries jubilee had the guests on their feet applauding!!.
I would recommend this to anyone who wants an event with class and yet a personal touch, your requests are heard and they do everything possible to accomadate a brides wishes.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
NJ
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2009

I worked at Doolan's for eight years. It was a great place to work! The Doolan family and the rest of the staff were like a second family to me. The Doolans were always good to me and to all their customers. In fact, my family has had two parties there since I left and we've just booked another party there in October. I miss working at Doolan's and being part of the "family".

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with friends
1 Thank Julie1207
new york
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2009

had a really nice summer @doolans it was the first summer in quite some time i did not rent a house @ the shore. i stayed there 4 times this year and each time it was better then the last.for the money you can't beat it.thanks for your hospitality.. i will be back next year

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with friends
#1 of 1 in Sea Girt
Atlantic Inn & Suites
Atlantic Inn & Suites
#2 of 5 in Wall Township

Been to Doolan's? Share your experiences!