“Stuck in time”
Review of Doolan's

Doolan's
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Spring Lake
Reviewed July 19, 2014

Stayed two days for our son's wedding. The hotel is stuck in time...needs major updating! The A/C squeeked all night long. Breakfast was good. There was a couple fighting in the room next to ours, so I called the front desk at 4:00 a.m. only to receive an answering machine.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
4  Thank PatO459

Reviewed June 21, 2014

Doolans Shore Club offers everything nice clean rooms, pool, great hospitality and delicious gourmet meals at a great price. Was there for 2 days a few weeks ago and can't wait to go back again in July and hopefully again in sept..

Room Tip: 1st floor rooms facing the pool are suites; include 2 bathrooms, king size bed, pull out couch and k...
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank ontherunNewYork
Reviewed June 15, 2014

Stayed for two days. The weather wasn't the greatest but room was clean and comfortable. Breakfast was okay- continental. Dinner in the Grille was excellent. The pool was very nice and convenient to all rooms. Weather did not permit us to go to beach but the town is quite nice. Would go back again.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
3  Thank Dawn L
Reviewed March 29, 2014

Apparently, Doolan's specializes in senior citizen gatherings. Nothing wrong with that. We were there for an Italian festival and had a great time. Live band and good dance music- including electric slide, Sinatra type vocalist who was quite good and an Italian comic who was very appealing. The food was okay- plenty of roast sirloin and edible.
That being said: 300 frolicking senior citizens, carousing, drinking, and only 3 stalls in the ladies' room. Please... With 1 for handicap?
Renovation is called for.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
4  Thank 5pumpkin
Reviewed December 24, 2013

We did the groupon andenjoyed the stay...had drinks in the lounge with the bartender who was friendly...and enjoyed a walk around town...met some people out around the pool and had two good dinners in the dining room including the prime rib night

Room Tip: There are rooms facing the parking lot and rooms facing the pool.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Nancy J
Reviewed November 2, 2013

This place was so filthy and sleazy I was stunned that it was in Spring Lake. Given the area, I expected better. This place is stuck in the 90's, which was probably the last time it was a good spot to go to. Now it's just tacky and unclean.

The bartender was pretty good, but the food was awful and the entertainment was laughably ridiculous. The rooms were so disgusting we almost left. It was an alright price for the area, but a ripoff given what it actually looked like.

Also, I'm not sure what to call their prison version of a pool, but it's the most absurd thing I've ever seen. There's a wrought iron fence around the perimeter of the entire pool! You can't even sit on the side and dip your feet in! I wouldn't be surprised if someone drowned there or something. Just avoid this place at all costs.

• Stayed: May 2013
6  Thank Globalgirl47
Susan0700, Owner at Doolan's, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2013

Thank you very much for your feedback . As you can see from our many recent favorable reviews, we have completed many updates to our facility since your visit. I can assure you we are investing in our future and working very hard to make each guest's visit to the shore a pleasurable memory. I also truly would like the opportunity to discuss your dining experience. As we usually receive favorable reviews about our food, it is most important for me to learn of any negative experiences for my operations to continually improve itself. Again, I thank you for your comments and wish to personally hear from you. Sincerely, Susan Doolan

Reviewed October 20, 2013

My first time at Doolan's was when I was 17 years old. I'm turning "60" in a couple of months. I have been coming down here that many years.And never stayed anywhere else. It has always been my favorite "Ever" hotel in Spring Lake. My family and I can't say enough about how wonderful the staff/Management is. Add to this, They just re-did many rooms with the best mattress's/ pillows ever, beautiful décor. We can't wait to go back again!!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
#3 of 16 in Point Pleasant Beach
La Quinta Inn West Long Branch
La Quinta Inn West Long Branch
#2 of 3 in West Long Branch

Been to Doolan's? Share your experiences!