“A GREAT TIME WAS HAD BY ALL”
Review of Doolan's

Doolan's
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Spring Lake
Reviewed October 11, 2008

I hosted a surprise 60th Birthday Party at Doolan's at the end of Sept., 2008. 50 people attended and it was held in the Atrium. 18 of the 50 people spent the weekend at the hotel. First of all, Ms. Doolan and Nicole, were most accomodating with planning, all special requests, ie: room lcoations, menu selection, providing weekend agenda to out of state guests upon arrival, menu adjustments and last minute changes. Everything, from menu, decorations, room assignments to severalspecial requests were provided graciously, without hesitation. The hotel rooms, although outdated, were spotless. The Atrium was perfect for our event and was absolutely beautiful. The buffet table was beautifully done from the carving station, amazing fruit display, enormous cheese and cracker platter and pasta station (prepared on the buffet line) Everying, from the scampi, prime rib, pastas, chicken, to the potatoes and vegetables and fun ice cream sundae bar was delicious. The bar tender, Al, was so pleasant and accomodating and always wore a smile. Ms. Doolan frequented the atrium during the event to observe, assuring excellence.The birthday boy was even called to the front desk to receive a long distance call from West Virginia extending birthday wishes as well as regrets for not attending. Unfortunately, one waitress was rude to a few of my guests. She was the only negative part of the entire weekend. Everything else was wonderful. My hats off to Ms. Doolan and staff. Job well done. Thank you.

• Stayed: September 2008
    • Check in / front desk
There are newer reviews for Doolan's

Reviewed October 5, 2008

My husband and I ended up booking a room at this hotel in order to attend a wedding that was taking place there. It was one of the most miserable stays of my life. The room was dirty and the bed was uncomfortable. The wedding was good and could have been great if it wasn't for the rude staff serving our food. The staff did not even fully take everyone's orders at our table. The salad was served w/o any dressing, the vegetables were uncooked, and the fruit served at dessert were rotted. The food and service were absolutely horrible. I would not recommend this place for anyone who is thinking about planning a wedding there.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank dinannath
Reviewed August 19, 2008

This has been a thorn in my side for a year now... and after reading the reviews, I had to write...
We had our daughters wedding at Doolans last September, the place is aout dated dirty... and most of the staff is rude!

Iin the 80s this was a hot place to go! but I would stay away... 4 years prior our older daughter got married and the reception was a the vanity fair in lakewood for half the money and much nicer, We actually had complaints from our guests! about the apps. who complains about apps at a wedding?
The hotel needs to be completley revamped! It was our biggest nightmare! they kept my candle holders and the rest of my candy! Don't waste your money!
My daughter was very disappointed! and that is a day we can't get back!

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled with family
Reviewed July 19, 2008

Came in from out of state for a family member's wedding here. Wedding was beautiful, but the food, service and room was HORRIBLE! The staff threw your plates at you instead of "serving". The food was sub-par and misrepresented on the menu! After a LONG day, our room was one out of a horror movie! Huge, disgusting bugs (well more than a few!) all over the room that was in the basement and DIRTY, SMELLY and not worth $180. They lied about not having any other rooms, as my sister booked after I did and got a balcony room on the top floor! The manager on site was RUDE and DISRESPECTFUL and she should be fired for the way she represented the owners. She told us off and wasn't apologetic or accomodating. She all but cursed at us. The Better Business Bureau and the owner are being informed as well as the Board of Health. DO NOT STAY HERE!

Stayed: July 2008
1  Thank ANNOYEDx2
Reviewed May 8, 2008

We were really worried when we read the TripAdvisor reviews, but found Doolan's to be a lot better than the reviews said. Yes, it is in disrepair but the linens were clean, the water hot, the water pressure good (a pet peeve of mine) and the staff friendly. Essentially, it is a lower-cost hotel in a high-cost town, what do you expect?

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 11, 2008

We had our daughter's wedding at Doolan's and it was fabulous. From the early planning phase right up to the wedding day, they were great to work with and everything turned out wonderful. From the cocktail party which was held in a beautiful glass atrium room to the great food to the excellent service and the beautiful ballroom. I have absolutely nothing to complain about. Our guests raved about it for months later. Many guests stayed at the hotel which really worked out great. They were given discounts due to attending the wedding. It made things so nice and easy for the guests. The location is also great. Walking distance to the church, other restaurants and local stores. I highly recommend Doolan's for a wedding or any other function.

• Stayed: April 2007
Reviewed April 2, 2008

We went to a wedding at Doolan's and stayed overnight and came home sick. The place is old, smelly and dirty. I should have gotten a clue when they couldn't get my reservation straight over the phone. When we got there and checked in we were told we had a pool view. Let me tell you the pool view in March is like looking into a sewer. There was garbage in brown water in the pool. Our rooms were small, old, dirty and smelled. The reception seemed to be fine although I found the decor a little old and tacky. Within 48 hours of the reception at least 15 people came down with a stomach virus. Board of Health has been notified and is looking into the matter.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled on business
#3 of 6 in Asbury Park
Atlantic Inn & Suites
Atlantic Inn & Suites
#2 of 5 in Wall Township

Been to Doolan's? Share your experiences!