“Stay in the Main Lobby area”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Doolan's

Doolan's
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Spring Lake
Manville, New Jersey
“Stay in the Main Lobby area”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2013

Had my wedding here, and as a wedding venue it CAN NOT be beat. The food is awesome, the people are accomodating and it was just PERFECT- truly... The hotel portion needs a little bit of help.... If you stay in one of the more expensive rooms on the inside lobby area, there are no complaints.... However, the rooms with doors on the outside (motel style) even though they are clean, they are very very outdated. I was a little bit embarassed when I saw some of the rooms my wedding guests received after traveling so far, and spending so much on the rooms...... My room was gorgeous and bright, but the poolside rooms weren't the best :( Would stay again in a heartbeat if I had one of the suites....Would recommend as a wedding venue to ANY bride... Just needs an update on the other rooms. restaurant is great too.. Have come back for dinner several times since the wedding.

Room Tip: Any room you need to walk up the grand staircase to get to is very nice... Outside access rooms need...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Singx19

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
NJ
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2012

The RHS Class of '67 just had our 2nd weekend reunion at Doolan's Shore
Club in Spring Lake, NJ. I have to say, the place is even better than
it was 2 years ago! The place is perfect for a large event, it's the
best because the staff is so accommodating.
Since we were last there Susan had the bar put in the front room and on
Friday night, the place has live music. We were able to dance and have
a private party in the upstairs room while listening to the music
downstairs. Our reunion dinner was not
until Saturday night and it was made that much more successful by the
elegance of the room and the fabulous, I mean fabulous food! We went
with the Carving Station with the prime rib and turkey and that was
outstanding a big success with all the
guys! Everyone loved the food and a special thanks to Susan and her
staff, especially, Bob for making the night special and being most
accommodating. Since this was our second time there we left all the
details to Susan and as usual she doesn't let you
down. She's the best!

We've already booked our next weekend event in 2 years since our class
didn't leave until breakfast the next morning and decided they wanted
another event in 2 years instead of waiting another 5 for a big class
reunion. Thanks again, Doolan's!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank RedRedWineNJ
Staten Island, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2012

I stayed at the hotel portion of Doolan's because I was attending a wedding there and rooms where blocked off for the wedding guests. My room, which you access from the parking lot was horrible. It was old, outdated and nasty. If I wasn't having a drink or two that night...I would have driven home and lost the money I paid out for the room. The bathroom looked like it was from a gas station. When I flicked the switch...a red heat lamp bolb lit up! I refused to take a shower because I thought the ceiling was going to fall down on me. I even asked the front if I could switch rooms and shockingly they were all booked. I couldn't wait to leave. The room cost $70.....you clearly get what you pay for.

Room Tip: Just don't stay here.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
6 Thank Mustalina

Travelers are raving about these Spring Lake hotels

BROOMALL
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2012

I waited a month to get the rom I wanted , which was described as a Deluxe Room. Yes it slightly overlooked the pool, but that was obscurred by the air conditioners right outside the picture window. The bed was comfortable and plenty of pillows. The bathroom was not clean, floor had hair and bobbie pins laying here when we arrived. Walls needed to be painted and repaired. Sink faucet ran the whole time. Towels were like sandpaper. Continental breakfast was minimal and poorly staffed, had to ask for several things both days. Dinner in the restaurant was very good.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank SARGEBROOMALL
Delran, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2012

The Shore Club is without a doubt the most friendly and hospitable hotel/resort facility in which my wife and I have ever vacationed and we have traveled all across the USA.
Susan and Joan, the proprietors are obviously continuing the Doolan family tradition established by their parents. THEIR ATTENTION TO DETAIL AND SERVICE TO THE GUESTS HAS BEEN PASSED ONTO EVERYONE OF THEIR EMPLOYEES!
We appeared to be the only first-time guests as eveyone else had been long time guests of 10, 20, 30 years and a couple of generations but by the second day we were one of them,totally accepted and welcomed by one and all.
But we will not be "rookies any longer as we have already reseved the same week for next year.

Room Tip: All rooms are good.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Fort Lauderdale, Florida, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2012

The food and customer service at the reception was impeccable. Yes, the hotel rooms could use some updating but were very clean and comfortable. The rooms are charming. We called poolside for a bar order and the service was friendly, fast and thankful. More customer service than some 4 or 5 star hotels. If you are looking for a luxurious room, don't stay. If you are looking for an adorable, cottage type room, it's your kind of place. The free breakfast buffet offered a variety of choices and was delicious. Again, the service was excellent. A very friendly staff!

Room Tip: I heard the theme rooms were very spacious and cool. We had a terrific standard room, poolside and...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Linda H
Center Moriches
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2012

This is a Motel - the pool outside was beautiful however, the rooms were gross. I came here for a wedding and thought for shore with the name Doolan's Shore Club we were on the water...not even close. My room faced the parking lot - it was dark and trying to get ready for the wedding I realized there were bulbs out. I called the front desk and they sent a maid right over- she came with two USED light bulbs and neither of them worked. The basket above the toilet was dusty and dirty and these rooms SERIOUSLY need to be updated. The air conditioner was loud and barely worked. If you are invited to a wedding here be sure to stay some place else!!!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
#1 of 1 in Sea Girt
Atlantic Inn & Suites
Atlantic Inn & Suites
#2 of 5 in Wall Township

Been to Doolan's? Share your experiences!