The Breakers on the Ocean
Walden on the Pond(Spring Lake)
$158
Hewitt Wellington(Spring Lake)(Great Value!)
$129
$154
Spring Lake Inn(Spring Lake)(Great Value!)
$159
Normandy Inn(Spring Lake)
$203
  • Breakfast included
Doolan's(Spring Lake)
$100
  • Breakfast included
White Lilac Inn(Spring Lake)
$229
Priceline
Atlantic Inn & Suites(Wall Township)
$85
$69
$79
Economy Inn(Wall Township)
$69
$59
All reviewspiano baroff seasontower roomsjacuzzi tubgreat roomnew jerseyfront porchthe entire staffmid weekbeach badgesboardwalkterrioceanweekenddonamaitrepoolside
Reviewed July 20, 2006

We were visiting New Jersey to attend a wedding and since I grew up in the area, I wanted my family to experience a Jersey Shore Vacation. (Mom, Dad, 12 year old son and Father-in-Law) I wanted somewhere near the beach ( The Breakers is directly across from the beach)! I wanted a place that offered my 92 year old father-in-law a safe and easy place to walk, yes, this guy walks 2 hours a day! Once again the boardwalk is great right across from The Breakers. I also wanted a Hotel that was well kept, had a nice swimming pool, offered many dining choices and included a refrigerator in the room so we could have Juice, Milk & Cereal in the morning if we liked. The room we had was a "family whirlpool" and included 2 queen beds, small table and chairs, TV Armour with storage, a closet, iron and board and a bathroom with Whirlpool tub. The room was fine ( 4 people in one room is tight no matter where you stay ) but really we usually woke up around 9:00 - 10:00am had breakfast and we were off until Midnight... so it didn't really feel crowded. The best thing about the room to me was sitting on one of the beds and using the window sill for a table. I opened the window and listened and watched families frolicking at the beach, it was great. At night you could open the windows get a cool breeze ( we did on one evening ) and let the waves lull you to sleep.

The rate was higher then I would normally pay but hey, where in this area of NJ, can you find anything that can beat it on the Ocean, you can't.

The staff were fine and were kept busy so they didn't chat much. I didn't eat at the hotel so I can't comment on the food. The pool was great, the beach wonderful, the boardwalk didn't have splinters. My family loved the experience!

The only glitch was the elevator broke down on checkout day and carrying suitcases down 2 flights wasn't too much fun. I actually asked the Bell Boy to carry a few and he was more then happy to help!

Parking was a bit tricky too but walking a 1/2 block or so wasn' t a problem for me.

Bottom line is... The Breakers on the Shore in Spring Lake New Jersey met our expectations and the family enjoyed a New Jersey Shore Vacation for several days!

• Stayed: June 2006, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
7  Thank hhistu
A TripAdvisor Member
NJ Resident
Reviewed July 11, 2006

WORST Customer service and ATTITUDE displayed. It's the "I DON'T CARE" if you are HAPPY!! BECAUSE I HAVE YOUR MONEY!!!!!!!!!! It's a over priced Holiday Inn at best. You can walk up the stairs faster then the small elevator. The room decor is 1960 -70's! with the gross looking couch, that has probably seen better days.

• Stayed: July 2006
18  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed June 24, 2006

Despite some negative reviews, our entire family (parents and kids) agrred that this was a nice place to stay. It is clean, the beds comfortable, has a nice pool and a great location. We stayed at other fancier places and more expensive as well, but were totally not disappointed, especially after reading the bad reviews, none of which had much merit. The location is excellent, near multiple multi-million dolar mansions that are immaculately groomed and acroos from the beach and boardwalk. The restaurant, altjhough we bypassed eating there since it appeared there was a dresscode, has reasonable prices and an attrtactive menu.
All in all, quiet and comfortable and a pleasure. Would definitely recommend. Enjoy the elevator, which is probably the slowest you've ever been on.

• Stayed: June 2006
5  Thank RBlack230
Reviewed June 24, 2006

My family and I stayed her in 7/05. The "family room" was $250 per night which I would not mind since the location is the key point of this place. It was very convenient to the ocean. But for that money I DO expect to have a clean rug...this thing was black! I would not let my one year old walk on it and I DO expect the air conditioning to work properly. That thing was rattling all night our family was up the first night the second day we asked to be switched to another room and all they did was transfer one unworkable air conditioner from our room with another unworkable one...they could care a less. About ten years ago this place was still in great condition they are just letting it go down the tubes. Well this year we have booked elsewhere...sorry Breakers you need to step up and fix this place.

• Stayed: July 2005
8  Thank c38ate
A TripAdvisor Member
San Diego, CA
Reviewed June 12, 2006

This property is in dire need of an update.....The room we stayed in was a 2 room suite. The suite had a lumpy king size bed ( only two standard size pillows ) with a faded bedspread. The pull out couch was just as bad. The bathroom looked like a construction project. It was very dark. The shower floor had a huge white plaster spot and the vanity had a large crack by the sink?? Ugh!!!!

We have traveled all over the world and have never had to pay a premium price for such bad accommodations. Do yourself a favor, save the hassle of sending a check months in advance, reserve a room at a Holiday Inn and spurge on a great bottle of wine and dinner.

Stayed: June 2006