“Absolutely Amazing! Great food & great service!”
Review of Bistro by the Beach - CLOSED

Bistro by the Beach
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Dining
Hillsborough, New Jersey
“Absolutely Amazing! Great food & great service!”
Reviewed May 20, 2012

This was probably one of the best meals we have ever had!
We booked this place to have our rehersal lunch for our wedding in July based on the reviews, decor and meeting the owner alone. Tonight we went in to try the food and we were so impressed! I do not eat crab and I ate an entire crab cake, it was amazing! We tried the seasonal strawberry salad which was delicious! The coconut crusted shrimp with a mango sauce were out of this world! Then we tried the panko parmesean crusted chicken and the lobster ravioli - absolutely amazing! For dessert we split an assortment of cupcakes, they were moist, and the frosting was perfect! Not too sweet but full of flavor! I highly recommend this place and we can't wait to go back!

• Visited May 2012

Manasquan. NJ
“Excellent Food + Unhurried Service = A Relaxing Evening”
Reviewed May 14, 2012

We visited this new BYO at the Sandpiper on a Friday evening with another couple and enjoyed a relaxing meal with unhurried yet attentive service. Two of us had the Scottish Salmon, a nice variation on an item that’s on virtually every restaurant menu. There was such a run on the scallops special that they substituted red snapper, which my wife rated as excellent. We all shared a tasty slice of cheesecake for dessert.

• Visited May 2012
Eatontown, New Jersey
“Lovely Resturant in Historic Building”
Reviewed April 16, 2012

I treated my wife to a quite diner (without our four children) and was pleasantly surprised by great food and service. It was busy but the staff was great. I recommend the calamari salad, easily the best I have ever had. Both the salmon and chicken entrees also get gold stars for presentation and taste. It is also a BYOB which makes it affordable to have a good glass of wine with diner.

• Visited April 2012
1 Thank tecinnace
New Jersey
“3 hours, 20 minutes”
Reviewed April 14, 2012

Went here for dinner on a Friday night. We were sat immediately at 710PM and left the restaurant at 1030PM. Our waitress tried the best she could but the whole staff just seemed overwhelmed.
I could have almost went with this and figured some staff called in sick or a problem in the kitchen, etc. However, when the table next to us demanded to see the owner and he came out of the kitchen drInking a beer, I thought that really sent a message that he didn't understand the frustration of waiting so long for dinner or didn't care.

I had an appetizer, entree, and split a dessert with my wife (we had a groupon coupon). My appetizer was good, the entree ok at best, and the dessert not good at all. Our dinner without the coupon would have been $140 for 4 with no drinks (it's BYOB).

I read a lot of good reviews on this restaurant before we went, and perhaps the restaurant had staffing issues the night we were there. But still, for the price you pay and what you get, I could not recommend going here

New York City, New York
“Great Food and Service for Rehearsal Luncheon”
Reviewed April 2, 2012

We had a small rehearsal luncheon and everyone enjoyed their selections, which included steak, pasta, tuna and scallops. Not only can Chef BJ cook but each plate was plentiful, hot and artfully presented. The service was professional and members of our party plan to come back in the future.

• Visited April 2012