“Lovely Resturant in Historic Building”
Review of Bistro by the Beach - CLOSED

Bistro by the Beach
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Eatontown, New Jersey
“Lovely Resturant in Historic Building”
Reviewed April 16, 2012

I treated my wife to a quite diner (without our four children) and was pleasantly surprised by great food and service. It was busy but the staff was great. I recommend the calamari salad, easily the best I have ever had. Both the salmon and chicken entrees also get gold stars for presentation and taste. It is also a BYOB which makes it affordable to have a good glass of wine with diner.

• Visited April 2012
1 Thank tecinnace

New Jersey
“3 hours, 20 minutes”
Reviewed April 14, 2012

Went here for dinner on a Friday night. We were sat immediately at 710PM and left the restaurant at 1030PM. Our waitress tried the best she could but the whole staff just seemed overwhelmed.
I could have almost went with this and figured some staff called in sick or a problem in the kitchen, etc. However, when the table next to us demanded to see the owner and he came out of the kitchen drInking a beer, I thought that really sent a message that he didn't understand the frustration of waiting so long for dinner or didn't care.

I had an appetizer, entree, and split a dessert with my wife (we had a groupon coupon). My appetizer was good, the entree ok at best, and the dessert not good at all. Our dinner without the coupon would have been $140 for 4 with no drinks (it's BYOB).

I read a lot of good reviews on this restaurant before we went, and perhaps the restaurant had staffing issues the night we were there. But still, for the price you pay and what you get, I could not recommend going here

New York City, New York
“Great Food and Service for Rehearsal Luncheon”
Reviewed April 2, 2012

We had a small rehearsal luncheon and everyone enjoyed their selections, which included steak, pasta, tuna and scallops. Not only can Chef BJ cook but each plate was plentiful, hot and artfully presented. The service was professional and members of our party plan to come back in the future.

• Visited April 2012
new jersey
“Wonderful food & service but lack of atmosphere”
Reviewed March 26, 2012

I went 3/24 with my significant other and the entrees were delicious, was mad hot as we like it, plentiful and beautiful presentation (I had the pork tenderloin,my boyfriend had the Salmon and both I would recommend. Service was also very attentive, so we will definitely go back. The identity and atmosphere of the restaurant is either confused or nonexistant. Popcorn instead of bread?? I think the popcorn idea undermines the quality of the food they are serving reminded me of the old "ground round burger joint, odd choice since their food seems very upscale. Wouldnt they want to serve that instead of a nice bread they can be dipped in the wonderful sauces on the food? Would benefit from having a little candle or small flower on the table as its very drab atmosphere. All in all since the food and people were great we will go back and do recommend it, hopefully they read the commentary and maybe tweak it a little on the atmosphere and popcorn thing.

• Visited March 2012
New Jersey
“Very nice BYOB”
Reviewed February 12, 2012

February was a perfect time to visit this bistro. There were only three tables filled that weekday but we used a groupon and it was cheerfully accepted. Food was delicious - crab cake and pork tenderloin excellent. Spouse had the mussels which he said were just OK but his steak was excellent.

• Visited February 2012