“Wonderful food & service but lack of atmosphere”
Review of Bistro by the Beach - CLOSED

Bistro by the Beach
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Reviewed March 26, 2012

I went 3/24 with my significant other and the entrees were delicious, was mad hot as we like it, plentiful and beautiful presentation (I had the pork tenderloin,my boyfriend had the Salmon and both I would recommend. Service was also very attentive, so we will definitely go back. The identity and atmosphere of the restaurant is either confused or nonexistant. Popcorn instead of bread?? I think the popcorn idea undermines the quality of the food they are serving reminded me of the old "ground round burger joint, odd choice since their food seems very upscale. Wouldnt they want to serve that instead of a nice bread they can be dipped in the wonderful sauces on the food? Would benefit from having a little candle or small flower on the table as its very drab atmosphere. All in all since the food and people were great we will go back and do recommend it, hopefully they read the commentary and maybe tweak it a little on the atmosphere and popcorn thing.

Reviewed February 12, 2012

February was a perfect time to visit this bistro. There were only three tables filled that weekday but we used a groupon and it was cheerfully accepted. Food was delicious - crab cake and pork tenderloin excellent. Spouse had the mussels which he said were just OK but his steak was excellent.

Reviewed February 11, 2012

This new addition to the Spring Lake restaurant scene has great potential. I'm hoping they are tweaking things till they get it just right. The service was very good which in my opinion makes or breaks a restaurant regardless of the food. My Coconut Shrimp appetizer was overcooked, but followed by a luscious mushroom risotto. The decor definitely needs work. I must admit to spending too much of my meal visualizing how a bit of paint and some softening could really transform the place. I hope they work out the kinks and plan on a visit in the near future to see how they are progressing

bistrobythebeach, Owner at Bistro by the Beach, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2012

Thank you for giving Bistro by the beach a shot. We are extremely sorry about your overcooked coconut shrimp appetiezer. We try and be 100% each and everytime, and sometimes something falls through the cracks. I wish I would have known, as I would have glady made up for our mistake. As far as the decor of the restaurant, we are slowly working on it, as any new business is a work in progress. We cant wait to see you again in the future!!

Reviewed February 6, 2012

this place is still quiet, though I doubt for long. Their portions are huge, the chef charming, and you can actually hear what your dinner partner is saying at this BYOB. The excellent crab cake appetizer is large enough for an entree, the calamari salad very good.

Reviewed January 28, 2012

I went here for dinner with my girlfriend in December after wanting to try it out for some time. They don't have an official website, but they have a facebook page that has all the information that you need. When we arrived, there was only one other couple in the place, due to the off months here in the winter. It made the experience more intimate though. The menu isn't extensive, however, the choices are impeccable. Lots of seafood choices. I had the scallops wrapped in bacon and a seafood with pasta dish. Both dishes were out of this world! The service was great and very personal. It's BYOB so bring a bottle of wine. I would definitely recommend Bistro and will be definitely returning real soon!