“Lacquered Salmon rocks!”

Cross street: Ocean Rd.
Sea Girt, New Jersey
“Lacquered Salmon rocks!”
Reviewed January 2, 2011

Seldom order salmon, its usually too fishy tasting, well the chef has this one down perfectly! Had this as part of the 3 course Classic Combinations starting at $18-- I can't wait to order it again!! He prepares it with a delicious orzo, olives etc in a goat cheese fondue! The salmon itself has a delicious tasting lacquered top --I recommend it ---it's a hit. I've been eating at The Mill for 18 years. Check with the restaurant or go to the Classic Combinations menu and you'll see the schedule of times this great combination (with appetizer & dessert included) is offered.

1 Thank a1cook2Fran

williamsport, pa
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“New Year's Eve 2011 Disaster”
Reviewed January 2, 2011

Imagine paying $125 per person for a night of dinner, drinks and dancing to ring in the New Year and not receiving dinner until 12:15am on 1.1.11!!!! That's the service I received at The Mill this year. Event began at 8pm on Friday 12.31.10 and our appetizer wasn't served until 10:30pm. Salad followed at 11:15pm and entree really came out at 12:15am. By the time dinner was served, three of my family members had left in disgust and frustration. The food was so-so, but we would have eaten cardboard at that point. The assistant manager's response when asked at 11:50pm 'what is going on in the kitchen" was "the kitchen is overwhelmed with the number of selections that were offered on the menu." Really, then what genuis decided that NYE was the night to offer 6 entree choices. The only thing The Mill served up that night was a frustrated, hungry crowd of unhappy customers. Not to mention, The Mill was serving drinks to people who had no food to absorb the alcohol. Not a good business practice to me. Thinking of ringing in 2012 at The Mill? Do yourself a favor and go somewhere else. If we, the people, don't patronize The Mill, they can go out of business and do us all a favor.

Lavallette, New Jersey
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The service was the worst I have ever encountered.”
Reviewed January 2, 2011

We had a surpirse birthday party for my daughter. The food was fair, but the service was the worst I have ever encontered. When I asked for more rolls the waitress said if we have more in the kitchen. my daughter is gluten free and it was written in the orignial contract, so when my daugher asked for gluten free menu the watiress told her to order the chicken that's it no menu was offered. the waiter was annoyed when we asked for steak knives to cut the steak. Finally we had to get up to retrive our own coffee. the waitress yelled at my daughter's father in law to get out of the way. I would never go back there for average food and terrible service I could stay home for that.

New Providence, New Jersey
“Our 20th Anniversary”
Reviewed October 18, 2010

On Oct. 8th my wife and I dined at The Mill. The location is great and this was the second time we came here. The food is excellent as is the presentation. Good food and wine and the staff was just great. Especially our waitress,Carla. We are of the opinion that the waiter or waitress that serves you really defines how much you enjoyed your experience there. Carla was just great! Friendly and personable. We highly recommend The Mill. Greg Henderson and Sandra Pruzansky

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The old mill used to be one of my...”
Reviewed September 16, 2010

The old mill used to be one of my favorites. The new owners have really ran it into the ground. So much for trying to modernize a classic. The service is horrible, Joe would have fired half of these clowns on site. The quality of the food is OK, but something just screams cheap to me, definitely not worth the prices. The place needs to just get some class back.Don't even think of booking a wedding here, unless you like being treated like crap.

1 Thank Jscurek