“BY FAR the most beautiful restaurant in NJ”
Review of The Mill

The Mill
Ranked #7 of 29 Restaurants in Spring Lake
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Ocean Rd.
Reviewed September 10, 2013

The Mill is on a lake with swans, we felt like we were on vacation!
You can sit outside in nice weather, we walked around out in the back and ate inside.
It was really beautiful. My husband and I went for a romantic dinner but we have gone to the brunch with the kids a few times and it is excellent.

The food was delicious and they couldn't have been nicer.
The clam chowder was the best I've had and for dessert I had the chocolate cake and I am stilll thinking about it.
Two thumbs up!

Reviewed August 31, 2013 via mobile

The service was very good as we got seated quickly and our server was very accommodating. The salads we had were delicious but after that it went down hill. My husband ordered the salmon which when he cut open I saw it was undercooked with part of it was actually raw! Our server Patty came over and was horrified she told us she would take it back and he could order something else. Afraid now to order the fish he ordered the filet mignon which like mine was good. When we got the bill we were charged for the higher entree which was only ordered because of the cooks incompentence. We ask for the manger and my husband told him how horrible the experience was and we would never be back. He said to my husband your not going to let me make this right? He was the one who adjusted the bill to the higher amount knowing about the first entree not being cooked. We weren't looking for a free meal but at least not to be charged for there fault then not to admit it and want the customer to beg for a comp or lower bill really? A fine dinning restaurant which they call themselves knows how to handle these situations and it is now by letting the customer walk out upset. I am just hoping he did not eat enough of the salmon to get sick. We will never go back.

1  Thank princesscasmere
Reviewed August 27, 2013

MY husband and I arriver 1:30 P.M. for the 11:00 to 3:00 buffet. Most of the food was over done and soggy from sitting to long in the chafing dishes. Since when do you put waffles in a chaffing dish so they are nice and soggy? Food in general was average, but the price was not! The last straw was the lobster bisque tureen was empty and although my husband asked twice, and was told it would be out in a few minutes, it was never refilled. When we left at 2:45 it had been taken away. No complaints about our table service, every one was attentive and pleasant. WE WILL NEVER!!!! GO BACK.

2  Thank Kathleen B
Reviewed August 26, 2013

We had a wonderful dinner experience at The Mill 2 nights ago. We were pleasantly surprised by the size, decor and romantic lighting in the dining area, and the great jazz band playing in the bar. Our waitress was very helpful and friendly, making excellent suggestions for drinks and entrees. I had the shrimp and grits (I have it every time I go to Charleston,S.C., and like to compare), which was very nice, if not quite as spicy or authentic as its' southern counterpart. My husband had the salmon, which was beautifully presented and very good.
Looking forward to going to Sunday brunch sometime soon.

2  Thank mangiabene48
Reviewed August 2, 2013

I attended a wedding at the Mill in July and was quite disappointed by the manner in which the staff treated its guests. To begin with, we arrived by bus from the hotel about 15 minutes too early for the bartenders. Upon our arrival, we were instructed by the staff to head upstairs to the cocktail hour but were then greeted with disdain by the bartenders. They were visibly VERY upset that we arrived f15 minutes early and reacted angrily by our presence in the cocktail room. I ordered a drink and the bartender said he's not serving guests until exactly 6 o'clock when the reception is scheduled to start. Although cocktail food was being served and music was playing, the bartenders refused our orders. After some complaining by the guests, they agreed to serve us but stated that they were going to charge us.
The remainder of the evening went pretty much the same way. Every wait/bartender staff made their guests feel as if they were putting them out. They also seemed a little miserable working there. Also, the food was so-so at best. Perhaps the brunches are more well received and organized by the wait/bartender staff; but, my experience with a wedding reception at the Mill was unsatisfactory. I would have been very upset if this were my wedding reception as many guests were offended by the staff.
Thank God for the DJ! He was an outside hire and absolutely fabulous. Despite the unsatisfactory manner in which we were treated, the wedding was an absolute success because of the many wonderful guests and outstanding DJ.

1  Thank VCM67