“Ruined anniversary”
Review of Mohawk House

Mohawk House
Ranked #2 of 50 Restaurants in Sparta
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Bar scene, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed January 29, 2014

My husband and I selected Mohawk House for our anniversary dinner, hoping to have a quiet, romantic evening. It was a Wed. night so it would seem like it was possible, however the restaurant was hosting a large function in the main dining room and we were seated on a porch at the side, which was fine. There were only a couple of tables filled when we came but as our meal came, the hostess seated a group of six men directly behind us and then a pair of men about 12 inches away from me. There were 5 tables between our neighbors and the next table. Why the hostess felt she needed to crowd our corner, I have no idea. Trying to leave was a nightmare and it took us 10 minutes to get out of the parking lot. The result was a fight between myself and a husband and a ruined anniversary. Not the place for a romantic dinner.

3  Thank cataylo

Reviewed January 26, 2014

This was our first time at this local gem. Friends had recommended it. It really exceeded expectations. Very good, diverse menu. Great cheese menu, nice apps and salads. Well prepared, diverse entrees. All very fresh. The wait staff is very friendly ... just a little slow. The wine menu does not have a huge selection, but is fairly priced AND they are very accommodating (with a modest corkage fee) when you bring your own (I did).

Strip steak, pork chop and duck were excellent.

I will go back!

Reviewed January 22, 2014

I've had the pleasure of dining at the Mohawk House quite a few times and each time the entire experience was fabulous, A+ rating and honestly I am not easy to please when it comes to dining. I've always made a reservation and my party has always been warmly greeted and immediately seated upon our designated arrival time. Within several minutes we then had the pleasure of full service dining at its best, as it was intended always with a great server who took the time to explain how dishes were prepared, enlighten us in regard to 'fresh catch of the day' and other wonderfully prepared tasty fare with a genuine smile, great expertise and professionalism. The menu is plentiful, as are the portions and each item is of the highest quality, which is then served to perfection with stunning presentation! The atmosphere is enchanting rustic elegance with old world ambiance that nestles you comfortably and is conducive to the further enjoyment of your overall dining experience.

1  Thank M D
Reviewed January 8, 2014

We went for after work get together and the 4 of us each ordered an appetizer and shared. their pizzas are excellent and the chicken wings great.

Reviewed January 7, 2014 via mobile

Best part of the Mohawk House is their bar. It's beautiful, the have great beer, 50 on tap, with such breweries as Kane. They have great food too, you can get anything in the bar, but the best part about the bar is that they have live music on Saturday nights. But it's nice just going there in a Sunday Afternoon with friend to have drinks and appetizers.