“Great, but with attitude”
Review of Bagel Station

Bagel Station
Ranked #1 of 4 Bakeries in Sparta
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Jersey
“Great, but with attitude”
Reviewed May 30, 2013

I love this place, if you can look past the attitude. The deli sandwiches are awesome, along with the bagels; however the staff has serious attitude. They could care less that you are the customer, so you'll have to look past that.

Trust me if the food wasn't great and I based my visits on the staffs attitude I would never go there, but I'm addicted to their Sloppy Joes.

• Visited May 2013

Wantage, New Jersey, United States
“Awesome Bagels”
Reviewed April 12, 2013

This bagel shop is a must if you are traveling on Route 15 in Sussex County. They have the best taylor ham, egg and cheese sandwich. (put it on an Asiago bagel - yum!) The French toast bagels and great too. Always busy and the owners are there to keep it personal! Great place for breakfast or lunch,

Visited June 2012
NJ
“Darn good bagels!”
Reviewed April 2, 2013

As you travel north on Route 15 and the road narrows to one lane in each direction as you cross the railroad tracks, you will find the Bagel Station on your lefthand side. A sign proclaims the "Best Bagels" in New Jersey.

As you enter, this bagel shop and deli has three tall tables for those choosing to dine in. Bagel selection is impressive with some unique varieties (apple cinnamon, super egg (egg bagel with everything [salt, poppy, etc.], and bacon egg and cheese [just the bagel flavor, not an actual sandwich]) as well as a nice spin on non-standard flavors (jalapeno cheddar, French toast, etc.).

I tried several varieties, and most were delightfully chewy. Crust was good but quite top tier, at least as far as bagels are concerned. The apple cinnamon bagel was a little dense and not the best I have had (really liked them from a bagel shop I can no longer remember the name of on Route 10 in Whippany back in 1996). The others, though, were very good. The French toast is better than any French toast bagel I have ever had. It was an egg bagel with sweet cinnamon granules baked on top and dusted with powedered sugar. Try it with cream cheese and you will likely experience a lasting memory. Likely to be an instant classic for any child that tries it.

Egg sandwiches are hearty with two eggs, though a little pricey for what you get. If you order one, take comfort in knowing it will be a good sandwich.

The staff was interesting. When I was there early morning (6:15am), there were just two of us in the store but the two ladies working the counter were anxious and rushing us to order. It seemed as though we interrupted their routine (doing something other than helping customers). When I visited in the afternoon, there was more staff and the experience was more friendly.

Would I return? Absolutely. I might even drive the 45 miles from my home if the proper craving strikes.

• Visited March 2013