“Delicious”

Ristorante il Porto
Ranked #20 of 48 Restaurants in Sparta
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Dine with us and enjoy the fantastic views over beautiful Lake Mohawk.
Reviewed May 11, 2012 via mobile

Food was amazing! The service was great too! We sat outside and the view of the lake was so beautiful. This is one of our favorite places to go!

3  Thank olympia623

Reviewed March 24, 2012

I don't get the poor reviews. We have eaten here 15+ times. Last night most recent. The staff is always friendly. The food is really good. Not great, but really good. The view is spectacular. Sit outside if you can...I work (and entertain clients) in NYC, so I have a pretty good idea what constitutes a pleasant dining experience. Il Porto is one of our "go to" restaurants.

1  Thank Jeff K
Reviewed February 18, 2012

It's been a little while since going to Il Porto but we remembered the food and service had been nice. So we invited our friends to join us, who had never been, thinking we were going to have a tasty meal, with great friends, and good service. NOT!! To start, the service STUNK, our waiter helped everyone but us. We had to ask for a wine bucket and our bread. Then, when ordering my meal I asked to have my pasta made a little harder than normal. It came out awful, overly soft. They wouldn't re-do it AND, the waitress told me to be grateful for the other food I had on my plate....CAN YOU IMAGINE!!! I couldn't be grateful for that either since the Tilapia was over sauced with tasteless goo. I would NEVER recommend this place and you can be sure that our friends certainly would not go back either.

4  Thank Tags720
Reviewed August 27, 2011

Years ago I remembered Il Porto serving very good food. This last time…not so much. The Caesar salad had way too much dressing, the four cheese pasta that came to my right was way too rich, and the steak was tasted too much like charcoal and was overdone and not very tasty. Perhaps I shouldn’t have ordered steak at an Italian restaurant but it came highly recommended. If the food does not improve, the only reason to go is if you’re sitting outside on a warm summer day and looking out over the lake.

1  Thank dctrentster
Reviewed July 8, 2011

If I was to return it would be for lunch or just an appetizer.

2  Thank 2jerseyfrogs