“It's a diner!”

Dining options: Late Night
Southampton, New Jersey
“It's a diner!”
Reviewed April 4, 2013

The Red Lion Diner is a quite adequate diner located on the Red Lion Traffic Circle. It is pretty standard diner fare. Not bad -- not fabulous. I have found the service staff there to be courteous and certainly as good as, or better, than the average diner staff. Breakfast at the Red Lion Diner is typical but is consistently very good. Having been there many, many times, I have some trouble with the scathing reviews appearing on this page.

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank Dick R

Medford Lakes, New Jersey
“Nice, Modern Diner, good food.”
Reviewed March 19, 2013

A local fixture for years, the Diner has modernized, upscaled it's menu, and keeps the prices reasonable. Not fine dining, but great for Sunday breakfast, mid-week meals. The whole family can feel very comfortable here, and the food quality is alsways good to excellent, with ample portions.

Visited January 2013
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“keep on driving”
Reviewed February 18, 2013

My mom, a couple of my sisters and our kids went to breakfast on a beautiful Sunday morning. Between us we ordered pancakes, french toast, grilled cheese and cream chipped beef. Eight of us found the food inedible. The toast was like cardboard. . . it wasn't burnt, more like really stale bread was put in a toaster. My kids thought the milk tasted sour. Service was Ok, but the food was unforgettable. . . .not in a good way.

Visited February 2013
San Jose, California
“no respect”
Reviewed January 27, 2013

I'm glad I'm just passing thru and won"t go there again. The food was ok but not worth the high prices. The setting was noisey, crowded and hectic. But what really turned me off was when I heard a server arguing with several senior patrons at the next table, telling them they have to leave because they had been there an hour to make room for new customers. The fact is, we were there longer than those other people. This was very disrespectful and inappropriate. Would they speak to their parents like that? I was glad to leave there. This place seems like just a busy money making operation with no respect for the customer.

Visited January 2013