“Sandy Hook...constant History in the making”
Review of Ria Mar

Ria Mar
Ranked #3 of 34 Restaurants in South River
Cuisines: Portuguese
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed June 30, 2012

Up and down Sandy Hook what an adventure...Oh yeah...when you leave...don't forget the twin lights...the best adventure nobody knows about!

Reviewed June 28, 2012

We live in South River and go to the Ria Mar all the time. Whether it's for personal reasons or work related, the staff at the Ria Mar always take good care of us.

Reviewed June 26, 2012

Good food and good service, nice off the beaten path. Really feels so authentic, great for private parties also. Relax and enjoy this foodie experience.

Reviewed May 29, 2012

Ria Mar is a great restaurant situated in South River. This place gets PACKED almost every night of the week. If you don't make it in by 5pm on a Friday, be prepared to wait. But the wait is well worth it. We always get the Red Sangria (the original Sangria is supposed to be Red because "sangre" means blood and that's where the word comes from but I hear the White Sangria is amazing and I plan on giving it a try!) The fresh Portuguese bread and butter is delicious and perfect for sopping up the sauces from your meals and even the dressing on their house salad that comes out "family style" so you can choose how much to put on your plate. They refill your salad and bread as much as you'd like and we always get more bread! The food is delicious as well. My favorites are the clams, shrimp or mussels in the garlic sauce. Their rice is never dry and their portions are plenty!!! We always bring food home. My favorite dessert is this almond flavored almost tiramisu-type dessert...HEAVENLY!!! And the after dinner drinks, if you can handle them, are fantastic. I highly recommend Ria Mar!

Reviewed May 21, 2012

I've always loved the Ria Mar, and my mom actually threw my bridal shower there last year. The food was fantastic as always and the guests were happy to have Sangria on the tables too! There were plenty of meal options, AND our guests were able to take their left overs home. I've never been disappointed with the food, and now I can also say having a party there is a breeze as well!