“Bring back the old cook.”

Krakowiak Polish Cuisine
Ranked #4 of 34 Restaurants in South River
Cuisines: Polish
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 22, 2013

Went for dinner with the family. Have dined here previously and enjoyed our dinners. However this time we were all disappointed with our meals. From the soup to the entrees to the dessert it was all bad. The taste lost its European taste even their pierogies tasted like deep fried ravioli.
Used to taste like moms cooking, I'm 100 percent Polish, but don't taste anywhere close to moms anymore. Also the prices appear to have doubled.
Seat yourself. Boyb is allowed. Waitress may reappear if you hail her down, otherwise your on your own.
After being a regular customer for years, I will not return until the food regains its authentic taste.

2  Thank joee5

Reviewed June 5, 2013

I really enjoyed the food here. Large portions for lunch, price was okay. Service could have been a little for attentive but I would recommend it. I definitely will go back when I'm in the area.

1  Thank MCZidalis
Reviewed June 4, 2013 via mobile

We went for lunch. The sizes were very large for a lunch plate but the food was delicious. Our only issue was the service. We barely saw our waitress and once we had finished it took awhile for her to deliver the check. I would go back because of the food was authentic and enjoyable.

1  Thank Coxyk27
Reviewed February 10, 2013

The place was very good. We've been wanting to try it for a long time and I'm so glad we finally did!

2  Thank Jessica S
Reviewed January 1, 2013

This is my daughter's favorite restaurant, so whenever she is in town we try to visit. The chicken soup is the best I have EVER had, including my own: fresh, clear and delicious! We also love their chicken breast, and of course all your Polish favorites authentically cooked to perfection. Small complaint about the Polish sampler platter: everything runs together because it is all on the same plate.
Unfortunately, as good as the food it, the service was TERRIBLE. We rarely saw our server, she stayed in the kitchen with the door closed and she did not check on us once the meals were delivered. Also, it was very cold inside, especially when the front door opened, as there is no entrance-way, and it was cold outside. But the food made up for those minor quirks. We will be back!

2  Thank theatremaria