“Had to downgrade this place”

Holiday Inn South Plainfield - Piscataway
PA
“Had to downgrade this place”
Reviewed May 24, 2013

After my first stay, I gave a good review. I had to pull this review because of my second stay. Second floor smelled of raw sewage. After 3 call with no response, they sent someone with a spray can to try to cover the smell in the hallway. My forth call resulted in a series of lies (I am the only one complaining, etc) to finally admitting to a problem and blaming it on an old building. Offered only a room change at 8:30pm. I stay in this area often and I thought I found a good place, but I will switch to the Hampton next door on my next trip

Room Tip: Ask for room away from the smell
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
EricHSP, General Manager at Holiday Inn South Plainfield - Piscataway, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
Dear tjtPA,

Thank you for letting us know about the issues you encountered during your most recent stay and at the same time would like to apologize on how it was handled. We were having some drainage issues by the ice machine at the other end of the hallway on the floor you were staying which caused the bad smell. I would like to discuss this further, I can be reached at ealbano@menlohotels.com.

Once again, our apologies.

Eric Albano

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Santa Monica, California
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Its an older hotel that has had "recent" refrib; new bathroom fixtures, countertops and new style type linens, paint, etc. It was clean, a good basic room for the price. The staff was excellent, especially the gentleman that ran the morning breakfast. It was handy having Ruby Tuesday restaurant right off the lobby, and Red Lobster next door. Would I plan my vacation around this hotel, no, but it served as good night stay while in the area.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
EricHSP, General Manager at Holiday Inn South Plainfield - Piscataway, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
Dear Linda T,

Thank you for writing us a review. We are happy that you liked our newly-renovated guestrooms and for taking note of our colleague at the Continental Cafe, Robert.

Please see us again when you are in South Plainfield, New Jersey!

NJ
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I stayed here 2 weeks in March on business. I was a bit nervous because I did not choose the hotel, my company did and am somewhat neurotic regarding cleanliness. The hotel was very clean, the staff very helpful and it had a great breakfast buffet. The location was convenient, every possible chain restaurant and a few department stores where within a mile or two. It isn't a luxury hotel but served its purpose. I was very happy with my stay.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear Chris2423,

We wish to thank you for taking the time to review our hotel facilities and services. We always strive to provide excellent service to our valued guests and we are glad that we met your expectations during your 2 week stay. We hope to see you soon!

Newmarket, ON
Reviewed April 29, 2013

Very clean and neat hotel - I stayed for 12 days and enjoyed a very clean single room - well laid out comfortable.

Location: Did not like the location as I did not have a car - not easy for pedestrians, to navigate the roads, no sidewalks! Lots of stores in the area - be careful crossing the street!

Breakfast: Really excellent service by the staff! Great job!!

Difficulty getting through to Room Service to order meals (Ruby Tuesday located on main floor)

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
EricHSP, General Manager at Holiday Inn South Plainfield - Piscataway, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
Thank you for your review, we are glad to know that you enjoyed your stay with us in spite of the issues with Ruby Tuesday's room service. Rest assured that this will be discussed with their management as they are managed separately. We also would like to thank you for taking note of the great service in our Continental Cafe, I will definitely share your experience with the rest of the Team!

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed April 27, 2013

What a horrible hotel I'm very displeased. I found all staff unfriendly, unwelcoming and never smiled. I was never greeted when entering the hotel and upon greeting the staff and saying hello or good morning I received a dirty look or was ignored and when I had questions I was also ignored. The Internet never worked and when I bought this up to management I was told that they know they have problems but there is nothing they can do. I also had many issues with my in room telephone.

I witnessed the police swat team storm the hotel with dogs and many officers as they broke up a drug dealing ring which has been going on at this location with people being arrested. I also find it very different that this hotel converts their meeting rooms in to a church.

This hotel is run down and they don't pay attention to the small things which matter when you travel for a living. I'm very disappointed and will never stay here or at another holiday inn again. I will be cancelling my points program with them.

There is a Hampton inn next door and other hotels to choose from.

Shame on you Holiday Inn!

Room Tip: No good rooms. Book at Hampton Inn next door.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
EricHSP, General Manager at Holiday Inn South Plainfield - Piscataway, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Dear TravelBud24,

These issues concerns me as much as you do and I'm glad that you took the time to inform us to properly address them. We always strive to provide excellent services to our valued guests and this untoward incidents fell short of this goal, and for that we apologize. May I ask you to please contact me at your convenience at ealbano@menlohotels.com to discuss this further.

Thank you.

Reviewed April 20, 2013

It's my sons first time at a hotel and he loved it the staff was extra friendly and helpful. The hotel is well keep, it's clean it has a swimming pool which wee loved cause even though it's raining while e'er were there the pool it's in doors so we were able to enjoy it

• Stayed April 2013
EricHSP, General Manager at Holiday Inn South Plainfield - Piscataway, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Thank you for taking time to write us a review and we are glad that your sons first hotel experience was a memorable one! We take pride of our staff and our facility as we want the Holiday Inn South Plainfield your home away from home!

Edison, New Jersey
Reviewed April 16, 2013

Stayed at this place for 1 night on Easter Sunday. Very nice and clean hotel. It is conveniently located off of I-287 and there are several restaurants and stores nearby. The staff were very courteous. Our family enjoyed their complimentary breakfast. It's the best hotel breakfast we ever had!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
EricHSP, General Manager at Holiday Inn South Plainfield - Piscataway, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
Thank you so much for your wonderful review, I'm excited to share your experience with the rest of the team! We look forward to welcoming you back to Holiday Inn South Plainfield!
Also consider these accommodations in or near South Plainfield
Hampton Inn South Plainfield-Piscataway
Hampton Inn South Plainfield-Pis...
#1 of 5 in South Plainfield
Best Western The Garden Executive Hotel
Best Western The Garden Executiv...
#2 of 5 in South Plainfield
Embassy Suites by Hilton Piscataway - Somerset
Extended Stay America - Piscataway - Rutgers University
Fairfield Inn & Suites Edison-South Plainfield
Crowne Plaza Edison
Crowne Plaza Edison
#5 of 15 in Edison

Been to Holiday Inn South Plainfield - Piscataway? Share your experiences!