Holiday Inn South Plainfield - Piscataway
Dhaka City, Bangladesh
“Good!”
Reviewed August 11, 2011

The hotel is a bit old fashioned but the rooms are clean and they are well maintained. They have restaurants and shopping malls nearby making it a good place to stay as well. The staff were friendly and helped us in getting taxis and directions. The breakfast was complimentary, with limited choice but very well cooked. So, its quite a good hotel!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Piscatway, Nj
Reviewed July 27, 2011

Hi,

I am satying in Holiday inn right now & my new HD camera is stolen from my bag today.
I don't expect this from the hotel like Holiday inn. Don't they do any background checking before hiring the employees???? Do they want to have such bad impression for their hotel?????

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Alexandria, Virginia
Reviewed July 14, 2011

This hotel is located near local and national restaurant chains, which we found convenient. Although the male desk clerk was not very welcoming when we arrived, the service got better once the new shift took over. The new clerk brought us extra sheets with a smile. The next day, we were surprised that a free breakfast buffet was set up for guests, with eggs, pancakes, bacon, sausage, fresh-cut fruits, a carafe of orange juice on every table, and a cheerful server who poured our coffee with a smile. When we checked out and drove about 50 miles, the front desk clerk called us to say there was a mistake on our credit card charges. She was friendly and courteous and she quickly solved the problem. This helped make up for the sour front desk clerk from the day before. The only bad aspect about this hotel is an important one: the beds. They are so hard that my wife woke up with a neck ache and I had a stiff back for days thereafter. This is a basic, nicely decorated and serviceable hotel that is clean, offers plenty of free parking, and has nicely decorated public spaces. But watch out for those beds!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Riverside, California
Reviewed July 11, 2011

I spent 3 nights in South Plainfield on a business trip, staying at Holiday Inn. I have two complaints. First, the room had bed bugs. I did not realize it after I got back, when I discovered having been bitten on my legs and arms. (Another member of my group complained about being bitten too.) Second, the A/C is extremely noisy. It's also not possible to turn it to low and the room feels like a wind tunnel at night.

On the plus side, the staff is nice and breakfast (included) better than what you would expect in a motel.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Toronto
Reviewed February 10, 2011

I have stayed at this hotel monthly over the past twelve months. At first blush it appears to be tired and old, although the place is spotless and operates very effectively. Staff are all very proud of their hotel and the amenities they offer. The best are Tempur mattress' that are spectacular. $89.00 per night with AAA card and a full hot breakfast is a great deal.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Ronald S
Springfield, Massachusetts
Reviewed January 6, 2011

My room had bedbugs, which I didn’t discover until morning. They didn’t charge me for the room, but when I sent a bill for $54 to dry clean all my clothes after I got home, they ignored it.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
2 Thank travlinman54
Newton
Reviewed December 19, 2010

Stayed with my mom and grandson during a trip down the shore and was pleasantly surprised. Rooms, internet access, complimentary breakfast, cleanliness - all excellent. Pool - fantastic - the largest and cleanest I've seen at a hotel in a long time. They even have a ping-pong table and an atrium. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. We stayed in adjoing rooms that were very comfortible and, most importantly, quiet! The bedding was great, too. My husband and I occasionally go on one night "vacations" and, believe it or not, this will definately be a place where we will go.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near South Plainfield
Hampton Inn South Plainfield-Piscataway
Hampton Inn South Plainfield-Pis...
#1 of 5 in South Plainfield
Best Western The Garden Executive Hotel
Best Western The Garden Executiv...
#2 of 5 in South Plainfield
Embassy Suites by Hilton Piscataway - Somerset
Extended Stay America - Piscataway - Rutgers University
Crowne Plaza Edison
Crowne Plaza Edison
#5 of 15 in Edison
DoubleTree by Hilton Somerset Hotel & Conference Center

Been to Holiday Inn South Plainfield - Piscataway? Share your experiences!