“Avoid!! Save yourself a night in the ER.”

Hibachi Grill and Supreme Buffet
Cuisines: Chinese, Japanese, Sushi, Asian
Good for: Dining on a budget, Large groups, Kids, Families with children
Description: This is a buffet that has opened recently in the Golden Acres Shopping Center and has an absolutely amazing selection of food available. The place is always packed!!
Edison, New Jersey, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Avoid!! Save yourself a night in the ER.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2013

I paid 20 bucks for 2 severe cases of food poisoning. My elderly mom almost had to go to the ER due to the dehydration suffered from vomiting, etc. Upon reading the reviews, we were not the first and certainly not the last that will spend the night with a bucket next to the bed.

• Visited June 2013

Woodbridge, New Jersey
“Overall a good experience for the price!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2013

I first heard about this place a couple of months ago through some friends and they highly recommended it. However after reading some of the mixed review on Yelp, I was a bit hesitant about going. But bite the bullet and took a shot and glad that I did.

First off, this place is located within a strip mall, so parking is at a premium. When we walked in, the place was packed and we were told it would be a 10 minute wait. However, we were seated within five minutes.

The inside is pretty spacious with plenty of tables, booths and a blocked off section for bigger groups of 10 or more. The wait staff was nice and we weren't rushed, like one of the previous reviewers stated. However on our way out we did notice a sign that said groups of 15 or more have a two hour time limit. Which I guess makes sense considering how busy this place is.

They have a pretty decent selection of sushi and sashimi along with other items like shrimp cocktail, clams and oysters. Their buffet is filled with some traditional Chinese items like Sesame Chicken, Dumplings, Egg Rolls, Spring Rolls, Breaded Shrimp etc. They also have some America items.

While they do offer Hibachi, it's not the typical Hibachi setup like you would get at Benihana. Instead they have an area in the back where you pick the ingredients you want, then hand it over to the cook to prepare for you.

They also have a wide variety of desserts. Fresh fruits, baked items and of course ice cream!

Overall I was pleasantly surprised and although this place isn't as good as Ichi Umi in Edison, it's still a pretty good place to go to, especially for the price. Will definitely be back.

• Visited March 2013
Orlando, Florida
“What a place!! it's HUUUUGGGEE!!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2012

My dad who lives in nearby Edison had raved about this place, and when he took me there, I could see why. It has to be the largest Chinese/Japanese buffet I've ever seen, with all sorts of sushi, desserts, and a hibachi buffet in back to boot. The service was average, and the ice cream and plates could have been kept up a bit better, but it was clean and full of good food. I definitely understand why this place is packed all the time!!

• Visited June 2012