“Love the steampots!”

Dining options: Late Night
Manila, Philippines
“Love the steampots!”
Reviewed May 14, 2014

A late review but hey, I wanna share my experience. As it was my first time in the US to try a Crab Shack, I got very excited to go to this place. My friend brought me here along with his family so this was where we had dinner. Since it is a Saturday, the place was packed with people that we had to wait for our tables to be available.

When we got seated, we ordered theire signature Steampot which is basically a mix of their crabs, corn, veggies and shrimps. It was worth the value given the huge serving that my friend and I had to share. :)

One day I will dine again at Joe's Crab Shack when I return to the US. :)

Additional review here: http://sweetchiqchel.blogspot.com/2014/03/exploring-edison.html

• Visited June 2013

Brooklyn, New York, United States
“Awesome Place”
Reviewed April 16, 2014

This place is very clean and great seafood. You do have to wait a long time during dinner but if you go past dinner you may be able to get seated sooner. All their entrees are delicious. There prices are reasonable but it can be costly when you go in a big group. The waiters do line dancing which is pretty cool. Go visit them you will enjoy it.

Visited March 2014
Alexandria Twp., NJ
“Didn't impress”
Reviewed March 9, 2014

We stopped at JCS today after nixing The Brick House for being too loud. (When we lived in the area this place was a Pizzeria Uno.) This was a strange encounter, at best. The maître D' - dressed as all the wait staff in her best blue jeans and tie dyed tee shirt - asked if we wanted to sit at the bar. I thought this was strange, asking a 60+ couple if they wanted to sit at the bar for lunch. We said no so she seated us in a booth - in the bar. We were hungry so we didn't argue. The waitress arrived and immediately launched into the JCS sales pitch about buying tee shirts, etc. Very annoying. Finally took out order - 1 salad, 1 sandwich - and disappeared for the next 25 minutes. The bottom line with this first encounter with JCS is that the food, when it finally arrived, was very tasty. However, the service, the restaurant décor and the whole vibe you get really disappointed. I'm sure that this first visit to a JCS will be out last.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank annomalley
South Plainfield, New Jersey
“Joe's Crab Shack”
Reviewed March 8, 2014

Absolutely love the Buckets of Crab Legs, with potatoes and corn. Also there appetizers are great..It's really a great place to eat in a casual environment.

Visited October 2013
South Plainfield, New Jersey
“Chain restaurant review”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

We were excited when joe's opened in our neighborhood, but it really didn't live to our expectations. First few visits, it was super crowded, the food was so so....we thought the new business needed to settle down. We went back later and the food did not improve. My husband travels often, and he claims joe's in the southern states are much better.

• Visited April 2013