“Fun place, food is ok, no top notch.”
Review of Joe's Crab Shack

Joe's Crab Shack
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed March 1, 2014 via mobile

I've been here with some colleagues for eating crabs and seafood. The place is very nice, great atmosphere. We ordered crabs, shrimps, mussels. Everything was ok, but nothing special.

Reviewed January 11, 2014

First visit here, as there are very few of these in Upstate NY. Ordered the queen dinner with 21 oz. of crab with 2 potatoes and ear of corn in the garlic butter recipe. My colleague had the same. It was an arduous battle splitting the legs for the tasty crab meat. I had a beer and my colleague a wine(9.99- a bit much! ) We topped it off with dessert: huge slice of chocolate cake and a griddle with "smores"- both huge and $8...total bill was $86...it was tasty but won't be a regular meal at this price. Karen the server was great, friendly and attentive! The food came out very quckly...wished there had been a salad included rather an a la carte' choice.

Reviewed November 2, 2013

Had the KJ pot which is supposed to be "light wine" sauce. Was overloaded with garlic and clearly just thrown together. 20 minute wait so we sat at the bar. I counted 9 empty, uncleared tables. When another couple asked why they said "we have to stagger the seating so the kitchen is not overloaded". It was 5pm on a Saturday!
Bathrooms were filthy. Water was running out of the men's room and my wife wouldn't even use the ladies room it was so bad.
This place used to be great, but the manager has some serious work to do to get this place in shape!

Reviewed October 20, 2013

A group of 7 gathered for a birthday celebration... the staff were accomodating and welcoming... our server was terrific... the meal was great! We throughly enjoyed our visit to this location!

Reviewed September 16, 2013

My husband and I went to Joe's Crab Shack in South Plainfield NJ. We often used to go a least once a week since it was local and was open late which was convenient since I work until midnight. WE WILL NEVER GO BACK AGAIN! We sat at the booths in the bar where my husband could see into the kitchen. The staff was out of control that night. What caught my husband's attention was what sounded like a party being held in the kitchen. He looked up and he could see two people coming out of the kitchen bathroom pulling up their pants (it was obvious they just had sex) and the rest of the staff was like applauding it. We spoke to the manager who was useless because he was there with the rest of the staff that night in the kitchen.
BOTTOM LINE>> DISGUSTED.
& worst part is corporate is useless- they never got back to me when I left a voicemail.

5  Thank Ashley W