“Eat at Joe's!”

Dining options: Late Night
Piscataway, New Jersey
“Eat at Joe's!”
Reviewed July 13, 2013

Went to Joe's numerous times. Great atmosphere. Friendly servers. Great food, especially if you are a seafood lover! I used to go to the one in Lawrenceville, but was happy to find that they were building one less than two miles away!

• Visited June 2013

“Just like the commercial..”
Reviewed July 12, 2013 via mobile

It was a good dinner... Took my daughter there for her 19 th birthday...the crab pots were more food thatnwant I had thought... The staff is very nice... The dancing thing could be done without... Also.. Try the deep fried pickles...

Visited July 2013
nj
“I've been crabbed!!!!”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

My daughter and her friends had been here many times and they love it....My husband and I happened to be in the area and decided to give it a try. It was about 0830pm on a Sunday evening. The place was packed, luckily we did not have to wait to be seated. The hostess (Viv) came right away, she was delightful and as it was our first time, explained everything. In the center of the table there is a bucket for you to throw away all of your napkins and crab shells. Napkins are a roll of paper towels, which you will be using over and over again. We ordered the appetizer sampler which consisted of Crazy-good crab dip, great balls of fire and crispy calamari- everything was fresh and ohhhh so good...We decided to order Joe's classic steampot for two...the Tasty Dungeness crab, sweet Snow crab, boiled shrimp and smoked sausage, corn on the cob and potatoes were out of this world. I have not seen my husband enjoy a restaurant meal as much as he did at Joe's, as he said he had to work for his food, he became an expert on cracking his crabs. We ordered an upside down pineapple cake, which would have been delish as it had chunks of pineapple but my husband decided to pour a sweet sauce that comes with it, and it killed it for me, he loved it. They have two sinks by the exit doors so you can wash your hands, what a great idea! While we were there all of a sudden the music went up and Disco Lights came on and all of the Wait staff went into a dance routine that lasted several minutes, it was really a lot of fun to watch. All I can say is that it was Totally unforgettable! We are already making plans to return with our daughter before she leaves for college....

• Visited July 2013
Tannersville PA
“GREAT Seafood”
Reviewed July 6, 2013

First let me say that the area is called restaurant row. There are about 23 venues to eat in. The one restaurant that has all the autos parked in its lot is Joe Crab Shack. That should speak volumes.

We were going on a cruise the next day and stayed at a nearby hotel. We wanted to have a nice dinner so we stopped at Joe Crab Shack.

The place is VERY CROWDED. You will wait a long time to be seated. We waited 30 mins on a Saturday at Noon time. But was it worth it read on.

A waitress came by to take our order promptly. I ordered the fishermans platter, which included a crab cake, fried cod and chips (atually called fish and chips), fried shrimp, onion rings and I had a lobster tail add on.
My wife ordered fish and chips. you also geta side dish. We asked for the creamed spinich.

The food arrived....this is not a "Red Lobster type of meal"...This was one of the best seafood meals I have ever eaten. The crab cake had almost all big chunks of crab...I really wanted to order another.
Thge cod was OUTSTANDING, nice and crispy, cod was flakey, Really good. The onion rings are not the traditional onion rings. They are very thing and cooked to perfection...Not too much fried batter...wonderful taste. The lobster was so sweet and wonderful. My wife's meal was as good.

They also serve food in huge black kettle pots that are brought out to you, depending on what you want in them.

Our both meals and coffee and dessert came to $50 including tip. I cannot wait to get back their....

I highly recommend this place if you love seafood....There is none better. Rememer it can get loud, and the wait time can be long...But in the end...You will want to come back again...

FYI- they do have take out service....

• Visited May 2013
Edison, New Jersey
“Fun, Noisy, Pricey”
Reviewed May 4, 2013

We dined here on a Friday evening and was surprised to get a table without a wait, the Crab Shack was crowded but everything seemed to flow. Our server Shane (Sha-Nay) explained the Menu and the Specials to us. We decided to skip the Appetizer’s and go directly to the Entrees. My Wife ordered the Queen Crab Bucket, this included 1 ¼ lbs. of King Crab Legs, Potatoes & Corn on the Cob and with the Chesapeake Style Seasoning and a Side Salad. I ordered the Seaside Platter, this included 2 Fried Fish Fillets, Fired Shrimp, Fried Scallops & a small cup of Cole Slaw. We both had Colas to drink. Everything arrived in a timely but not rushed fashion. My Wife’s Crab came in a Bucket and my Sea Food Platter came on you guessed it a Platter. My meal was very good and my Wife enjoyed working her way through all of the Crab legs. On the table for Napkins are a roll of paper towels and in the center of the table is a bucket to throw all of the Crab Shells. The atmosphere is very Family orientated and friendly, I can’t remember the last time we saw so many families dining out together. Our server Shane was very attentive and charming. For dessert we shared a Peach Cobbler with Vanilla Ice Cream and 2 cups of Coffee. While we were there all of a sudden the music went up and Disco Lights came on and all of the Wait staff went into a dance routine that lasted several minutes, it was really a lot of fun to watch. Our total bill came to $72.77 for the two of us, a little pricey but not too much in this day and age. I definitely think we will be dining here again soon.

• Visited May 2013