“A boxer shold not rely on the power of a one-punch KO”
Review of Khyber Grill - CLOSED

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Woodbridge, New Jersey
“A boxer shold not rely on the power of a one-punch KO”
Reviewed February 18, 2013

If you savor succulent lamb chops, then Khyber Grill wins hands down over the paltry competition that other eateries offer. But one relishing and savory entree does not a compete menu make. Sadly, the other non-veg recipes leave much to be desired. The vegetarian fare is okay - not something you look forward to repeat. The appetizers are much the same. Portions are fairly portioned. The ambience is fine. The serving folks are very friendly and the owner always has a sob story as to why the recipes are not to taste. The good part though, is he is ready to change it to the patron's taste, if informed the recipe tastes bland. By now, I gather the title makes sense of what is afoot at the restaurant that boasts of bringing out the best of the frontier flavors of the Himalayan wild west.

• Visited February 2013

new jersey
“Very Very Good”
Reviewed January 28, 2013

My wife and I went to Khyber Grill for the lunch buffet on a Saturday that costs $11.95 pp. The food was really yummy and fresh. After lunch we did not feel groggy and sleep like we sometimes encounter at other Indian buffets. Their buffet included an appetizer stations besides Basmati rice, butter chicken, goat curry, Saag, Paneer, 2 kinds of Daal, a veg concoction and a few others. Their dessert was yummy including the Kheer, Gara Halwa and Gulab Jamun!! Specially the chocolate cake.
They were offering customers a 10% off the bill if we checked in on Facebook and liked them.
Will surely go back again.

• Visited January 2013
New York
“Very Good-Excellent Indian Food”
Reviewed January 1, 2013

We were visiting the area for one night and searched for restaurant recommendations on Trip Advisor and Yelp. Khyber Grill consistently received good reviews. We enjoyed our experience immensely. The staff was attentive and the restaurant is modern and attractive. Tandoori shrimp as an appetizer was tender, delicious and delicately spiced - - best item of the meal. Please note: restaurant is BYOB. This restaurant is located in a strip mall so don't expect more then a view of the parking lot.

• Visited December 2012
Adrian, Michigan
1,303 restaurant reviews
“Great Indian”
Reviewed November 16, 2012

My colleagues and I love Indian food. So when we were in Jersey for a conference, naturally we wanted at least one night reserved for an Indian dinner. We were in Somerset and, after searching for Indian food on Trip Advisor, I came across Khyber Grill which had generally been given favorable reviews. It was a bit of a drive but well worth it. When we drive up, my colleague commented he could tell it was a good place from the signage and the storefront. Of course, the real proof is in the dining experience and we were very pleased with what we ordered. We did not get appetizers but we chose three outstanding entrees in chicken saagwala, achari chicken tikka and lamb vindaloo. They were all very tasty. They came with rice and we also added roti. I had a very nice masala tea to finish. The service was very good and the food arrived in a reasonable time. The interior of the restaurant was very well done bordering on elegant thus, providing a comfortable atmosphere for conversation. It was a Monday night and, as such, it was not very busy. Hence, it was quiet but I got the impression there was generally a subdued crowd making it a very relaxing option where you can at least hear the people at your own table. The prices were very reasonable. I would highly recommend this place if you are in the area and want Indian.

• Visited November 2012
westfield, nj
“Outstanding!”
Reviewed October 6, 2012

I have eaten here a dozen or more times with my wife and friends. I am not Indian, but have been a regular diner at Indian restaurants in NYC and NJ for decades. Khyber Grill is truly exceptional--a wide variety of vegetarian and nonvegetarian offerings, all expertly prepared and served in generous portions; very attentive service; and a comfortable atmosphere. It is also BYO and reasonably priced. Tonight we had bhel phuri; tandoori salmon; chicken kali mirch; tandoori chicken; and chicken biryani--all were excellent.

• Visited October 2012