“Perfect for a night out with friends”

Brick House Tavern & Tap
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
New Brunswick, New Jersey, USA
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Perfect for a night out with friends”
Reviewed December 18, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

This spot is like a "go-to" spot for all my friends when we don't have any major plans. Drinks and food are reasonably priced. The food is much better than your typical bar food. For sports fans, there are plenty of tvs to catch whatever game is on. There's even a lazy-boy type chair section!

Visited December 2013

North Las Vegas, Nevada
“Wish I hadn't waited so long to try this place.”
Reviewed December 10, 2013

Ever since this restaurant opened up a few years ago, every time i happened to be in the area driving by I would always say, "One of these days I have to remember to go there!" Finally last night we did and I'm kicking myself for waiting this long.

From the outside it looks like a cool little place. It has outdoor seating, a bar area, and quite a few TVs usually playing sports. They had the Monday Night football game on during our visit which was a plus for us.

The place was pretty empty so we were given an option of a table, a couch, or a booth. We chose a booth. At 6'3'' sometimes booths tend to be cramped, but this one was comfortable. Their drink menu was rolled up like paper towels and they pull it out and tear it away which i appreciate little different things like that. So I thought that was rather inventive. The beer selection is vast for my experiences with a large number of imported and domestic choices. I also appreciated how they would tell you what kind of beer it was and where it is made. Once again, these little extra steps are always fun and appreciated.

The food selection is not vast but I actually prefer that. I would much rather a restaurant focus on doing a few things well than a ton of things mediocre. The selection is about equal to most chain restaurants though. But that is where the similarities end.

We got their soft pretzel appetizer which included 4 large, soft pretzel sticks with 3 dipping sauces that ranged from ranch, to mustard, to a white queso. We enjoyed the white queso the best, it had a nice kick to it.

My girlfriend ordered a Wild Mushroom Pizza and I ordered the grilled Mahi dinner. Her pizza was huge. More than enough to fill her up even with me picking off a slice to try myself. I'm not the biggest fan of mushrooms but I thought the pizza was delicious.

My Mahi was perfectly cooked and very tasty. The steamed broccoli that came with it was a bit soft for my taste. I like my vegetables to be crunchy but the flavor was still there, just not my preferred texture. It also came with a mixed greens salad that i chose to have with balsamic vinegar as they did not have my first choice of Italian dressing. Still, not a single disappointment. My portions were good, enough to fill me up but of course it was so good i wished I had more on my plate.

I often dont remember my servers names. But I remember Amanda. She was right on top of everything. She was friendly, never let our drinks empty, and visited our table just enough for our liking. She is the kind of server I always hope we get when we can afford a night out. Great service like that only makes the experience that more enjoyable.

From looking at the place outside, even though it's called a tavern, i was expecting to be overcharged like other places similar. We were pleasantly surprised by the affordable prices as 2 entrees (one being Mahi, a rather expense fish at the supermarket), an appetizer, drinks, and couple of beers ended up just shy of $50.

I hope some more overtime becomes available at my job soon so I can make some extra money to splurge on another night out at the Brick House Tavern soon.

• Visited December 2013
Ashburn, Virginia
“A Great Brand ruined by a dirty restaurant”
Reviewed October 28, 2013

Went here to watch football on a Sunday around lunchtime. Great menu, even had brunch specials, so I was pretty excited. They could use a better selection of craft brews, but the prices are right.

Since we were ahead of the football rush, there were only a few people in the place, and they had just opened at 11. So it was really surprising that the tables were still dirty from the night before - it was gross! Most of the servers also had visibly dirty shirts - it was like all the staff rolled out of bed and grabbed something off the dirty laundry pile to wear to work. Although the food was decent, the service was a bit inattentive, and eating off a dirty table made the experience disappointing.

• Visited October 2013
Basking Ridge, New Jersey
“House Burger”
Reviewed October 17, 2013

I just went to the Brick house near my company.
The house burger in the store is pretty good.
the environment is nice too! waitress are nice as well.
the hamburger is about 10 bucks.

Visited October 2013
Edison, New Jersey, USA
“Salmon food is Okay”
Reviewed October 8, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

We ordered Salmon Fish and its okay, not that great. But had a very good time and been there recently before watching a movie. Had nice time with friends.

Visited September 2013