“Great place to stay”

Extended Stay America - Princeton - South Brunswick
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in South Brunswick
Reviewed October 31, 2012

Ms Carmela makes her guests feel at home, and her staff is keeping the Hotel in great shape. They make every effort to accommodate room preference, and even follow up after check in to make sure the room meets expectations, something you would only experience at a luxury brand. I will definitely return on my next journey to Princeton.This Hotel is one of the best values along the Princeton - New Brunswick corridor.

Andre B.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
John D, Manager at Extended Stay America - Princeton - South Brunswick, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2012

Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I take great pride in my staff and their efforts and comments like yours are certainly welcome feedback that lets me know how well they are doing, especially Carmella. I do hope that you will return to our hotel in the future, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future. Thanks you once again.

Reviewed October 28, 2012

This is possibly the worst experience I've ever had in a hotel worldwide. We stayed for a period of 30 days. Upon check-out (two days early but still paying for full stay), the bill did not correspond to the e-mail quote I had received at time of booking. The manager was unable to explain said discrepancy and kept on repeating "we do not overcharge". Since she apparently felt cornered, of all things, she threatened to call the police since I was "harassing her". I have to say that is the least professional approach I've ever seen in hotel staff bar none (the rest of the staff was fortunately very helpful and kind). I subsequently contacted corporate HQ (Brooke Bobo), who never even bothered to get back to me. All I can say is that next time I have to stay in the Princeton area, I will take my business elsewhere.
Also, as far as rooms are concerned, we stayed in the handicapped room and I kind of expected a roll-in shower, rather than a regular bathtub, which is of no use to someone in a wheelchair.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
John D, Manager at Extended Stay America - Princeton - South Brunswick, responded to this reviewResponded November 2, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I sincerely apologize that things went as they did for you. To prevent this from happening again, my team is going to do a better job at explaining our rates and associated policies regarding early check-outs. Perhaps we weren’t clear enough. Thank you again for providing us with your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at prosen@extendedstay.com. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.

Reviewed October 24, 2012

Carmela is #1. She is very kind helpful and very professional. This place is very quiet which is a plus and the staff works very hard to keep it clean. I highly recommend this place if you are seeking a short or long term stay from home.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
John D, Manager at Extended Stay America - Princeton - South Brunswick, responded to this reviewResponded October 26, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Reviewed October 19, 2012

I just spent 3 weeks at the Extended Stay America South Brunswick and I couldn't have asked for a better, cleaner or more perfect home away from home. On top of the clean room, quiet environment, and extremely comfortable bed---the staff was extremely professional. I experienced exceptional service during my stay---especially by the Hotel Manager, Maria Regalado. Maria went above and beyond to ensure that my stay was just right. I would recommend this property for anyone in need of long or short-term hotel accommodations. I look forward to booking with ESA (South Brunswick) again in the near future. Thank you for everything. :)

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
John D, Manager at Extended Stay America - Princeton - South Brunswick, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2012

It would, of course, be our pleasure for you to repeat your experience with us in the future. Thank you once
again, and feel free to reach out to us directly if we can assist you in any of your future travels.

Reviewed October 16, 2012

I stayed in the hotel for more than 3 months on a business visit. The room was very clean, peaceful and well located on the ground floor. The staff (Angelo, Carla, Carmela and Teo) were all very helpful. Most of the hotel had been recently renovated and includes everything that is required for a pleasant stay. If you are looking for an economical stay option in the South Brunswick neighborhood, you might like to try this place...

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
John D, Manager at Extended Stay America - Princeton - South Brunswick, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2012

Thank you so very much for your nice review of our property. Whenever I read comments like yours, it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. As a member of the Extended Stay Hotels family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. By continuing to provide our valued guests with exceptional value, we know Extended Stay Hotels will remain the #1 extended stay lodging source in the North America.

Reviewed October 15, 2012

My GPS had trouble locating the hotel, but the person on duty was very helpful in explaining exactly how to get to the hotel. The room was clean and comfortable. You do need to bring your own shampoo. I also recommend ear plugs if you are sensitive to noise, as the heater and refrigerator cycle on and off and I could hear water running from people in other units showering.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo

It was very kind of you to take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. Our staff is continually coached on how to best provide professional, accommodating, and friendly service to every guest. It sounds like we hit a home run in your case!

We have been told about our location being sometimes difficult to be found on some GPS systems and are looking intoa way of correcting that. We believe it is because we are in South Brunswick but in some places listed as Monmouth Junction. I’m glad you found us anyway.

Reviewed October 1, 2012

My husband and I just got back from a five night stay here, after deciding to surprise my family in NJ with a visit! I was looking for a clean place at a reasonable rate and this was exactly that.The bed was comfortable with crisp, clean sheets and bedspread; the bathroom was spotless. Everything we needed for our stay was provided. There is not one thing bad I can say about the desk clerks; they were all so nice! It wasn't the most gorgeous place in the world, but I wasn't looking for gorgeous, I was looking for clean! This place was great for the price and I would stay there again. If I HAVE to say one thing negative about it, it would be the general "class" of the guests; but the hotel cannot help that, LOL!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
John D, Manager at Extended Stay America - Princeton - South Brunswick, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2012

I would like to personally thank you for taking the time to write such wonderful things about your experience. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. We strive to provide a "home away from home" for all of our guests, no matter if they are staying for a night, a week, or a month. It sounds like we were able to do just that for you, and we are truly honored for the recognition.

Once again, I and the entire staff at our hotel thank you for your very kind words, and we'd love to see you here again. Please don't hesitate to call on me for your future stays here or at any other Extended Stay Hotels location.

Paul Rosen

Hampton Inn Princeton
#1 of 15 in Princeton
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Princeton
Sonesta ES Suites South Brunswick - Princeton
Sonesta ES Suites South Brunswic...
#2 of 6 in Monmouth Junction
Holiday Inn Express Princeton Southeast
Homewood Suites by Hilton Princeton

Been to Extended Stay America - Princeton - South Brunswick? Share your experiences!