“Overbridge”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in La Simplicite
Overbridge River Resort
Reviewed May 27, 2013

Tropical paradise, beautiful beach, fabulous place for a holiday with family or friends. We had a great time and everyone went out of there way to make it a great holiday. You can either stay in the individual cabins, which are located a few steps from the beach or you can rent one of the cabanas for camping with friends and family. They have a dock where you can arrange for tours of the river. And the restaurant has excellent food and service. Great trip!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Richard I

Reviewed March 16, 2013

My husband and I have travelled all over the world, and indeed there are some other beautiful places in the world. At Overbridge we found the serenity fantastic, the river was nice to swim in, the food excellent and the service was excellent. We expecially loved the bamie, the sweet and sour fish, the fried banana, the soto soup. The people are friendly, they are trying their best we had a very good time. We will visit overbridge again.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Try to get a place in the back by the canal if you want some peace and quiet. The hammock huts looked like fun, if you're going with a big group of people. There are a swimming beach, volleyball court, restaurant, etc. but otherwise not too much to do.

I stayed here for one night on the way back from Brownsberg, and that's what I'd recommend, as it probably wouldn't be worth a separate trip from Paramaribo just to stay here. Overbridge is also close Bergendal and Atjoni (where you will get on the boat to Anaula).

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 8, 2013

After a week in Suriname this has been our favorite place. The air conditioning is wonderful, the cabins big and very clean. The atmosphere is calming. We enjoyed swimming in the river.the food is basic but we love Indonesian food and the satay is amazing!

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank Debmauk
Reviewed October 5, 2012

I am an experienced traveller and I don't complain easily, but this resort was really the worst one I ever experienced. The resort - don't expect a western style luxurous resort, but for Suriname it's rather good - is in itself nice, it has good (though very basic) appartments and the location in the jungle directly to the river is nice as well. The problem are the people working there. Most of them couldn't show less interest in their guests, they behave like Soviet style bureaucrats that are very disturbed by a client showing up to ask anything. Even arriving and asking for your key or ordering your food in the restaurant is annoying the personnel, it seems they prefer not to be disturbed at all, not even to earn any money. I cannot recommend staying here.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
7  Thank S J
Reviewed August 29, 2012 via mobile

The cabans are basic. They call it luxe because if the airco and hot water. The restaurant is basic ( Rice with chicken or fish).
The river is like anywhere else in Suriname > Brown. Some if the staff are really unfriendly.
Most people who come here are locals. They bring their own food and bbq on the beach.
It is a goog idea to bring some Wine, cookies and snacks. This is not available in the resort. Only beer and soda. There is a fridge in the cabana.
The road is fine and the beach is tidy.

• Stayed: August 2012
5  Thank wendyvz
Reviewed November 7, 2011

My fiance and I spent a weekend at the resort last month. We arrived at night around 8 o'clock. the road to the resort is in good condition. However as soon as you reach the resort it changes dramatically. Dirt roads are in bad condition and not very well maintained. At the reception it seems that they are not prepared for guests who arrive at night, so the person in charge was not available. No 'welcome to Overbridge' etc. We got our key eventually, and went to our cabana. I had spent the night there about 6 years ago and noticed that there were a few positive updates. The patio floor was tiled and the houses were painted. Everything else was more or less the same. (We had a large cabana). The accommodation is ok. Nothing special, nor spectacular. The garden around the cabana's is tidy and clean. There is complimentary coffee and tea, including sugar. Soap in the bathroom is of very low quality though; it crumbles when you take it out of its wrapping. Overal review:
1. Accommodation - Average
2. Road/walkpad on venu - Bad
3. Food - Average (expensive though)
4. Service - Average
5. Frienliness - Less than Average
6. Price - Average
7. Information - Poor

Would I go back? Maybe, if they fix the roads. Otherwise it's ok. But next time I'll bring my own food and drinks. It's so much cheaper!

Room Tip: Ask for the newer cabana's. I had one of the older ones (#12). It can be VERY noisy at times bec...