“Well Done”

Dining options: Reservations
New York City, New York
“Well Done”
Reviewed February 15, 2013

Enjoyable dinner. Nice selection. Great taste. BIg fan of duck - and it was well prepared. Bring your own drinks is a nice touch

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank NYFoodDude

Princeton, New Jersey
“Above average, but inconsistent”
Reviewed February 13, 2013

Certainly above average Thai food, but a bit inconsistent. While the dishes are interesting and flavorful, the meats could have been cooked better. The wild boar medallions were chewy and the Tamarind duck breast tasty but way overcooked. The service was very efficient, but it had a fast food style, where little eye contact was made and plates distributed and gathered in a rough manner. BYOB is a plus.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank GSM1111
New Jersey
“Was good, was not, now good again”
Reviewed February 12, 2013

Origins for a long time was our favorite Thai (well, Thai-French by their label) restaurant in the area. We went there a lot but it seemed that as Origins became “the hip place” the owners became less and less interested in providing a pleasant dining experience and more and more arrogant in the sense that “if you aren’t pleased there are 20 people waiting outside so we don’t care”.
For this reason and after some pretty bad experiences we stopped going there about three or four years ago and maybe others did too as on our first visit since that time last month it was just the way we loved it when we first discovered it.
True, the restaurant now occupies twice the space it did having taken over the space next door so that helps no doubt. The food quality never deteriorated but the service and “attitude” did to the extent that I said to myself I don’t actually need to pay good money to be treated like **** so I will take my business elsewhere.
That is all gone. My partner treated me to a birthday dinner at Origins last month and everything was spectacular. The service was great, the food was excellent (as it always was) and the total experience left us saying “wow, now we will keep coming back”.
The prices are “upscale reasonable” and of course it’s a BYO. The ambience is delightful, so warm and cozy on a cold night in mid January and (did I say this already) the food is awesome.
After a hiatus of several years Origins is definitely back our list of must-go places

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank Armarina
Bridgewater, New Jersey
“Yummy In My Tummy”
Reviewed February 2, 2013

I loved this restaurant..it was something out of the ordinary and very delicious. I would recommend coming here to try something new. The creme brulee was not up to parr, but still give the entrees a try!

Visited March 2012
whitehouse station
“great tai with a french twist”
Reviewed January 30, 2013

delicious food. service. make a reservation. one of the top rated Tai Rest. in the Ny-Nj area. I have been there several times to their Sommerville and Morristown site. It is just great

Visited January 2013