“Another good visit”

Wasabi Asian Plates & Sushi Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Wasabi Asian Plates & Sushi Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #17 of 84 Restaurants in Somerville
Cuisines: Asian, Japanese
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed January 21, 2013

Once again Wasabi did not disappoint. The rolls are big and the fish is fresh. The prices are great and the service is attentive - a great choice for sushi in the area.

Reviewed December 6, 2012

My ex-husband and I had a dinner here for we lived in Raritan NJ at the time and thought that the dinner and conversation was lovely.

Reviewed October 3, 2012

My fiancé and I, or family and I have been going to this place for years! It's amazingly fresh sushi and definitely worth the money you will pay! Their mango martinis are amazing along with other drinks too but I stick with their mango martinis. My fiancé loves the Kamakasi Crunch Maki roll which is really good! Parking is usually pretty easy but you have to go expecting to drive around for a little or park in a further parking lot and walk a little. Staff is extremely nice and professional.

Reviewed September 30, 2012

My husband and I frequent Wasabi. The chilean seabass roll is my favorite. The sushi is always fresh and always delicious. The avacado crab salad is a perfect appetizer. Martinis are also great. Highly recommend.

Reviewed September 29, 2012

My family and I have been going to Wasabi for years and their food continues to impress. The decor is modern and upscale, while the environment is welcoming for couples, business meetings and families. The location is great, right in downtown Somerville, with plenty of parking in nearby municipal lots, which are only a block away.

The food is always outstanding and they even have a great bar, which is unusual for Somerville, given the many BYOB establishments. Make sure you try some of their unusual and creative cocktails and martinis. The bartenders are usually very friendly and are good at keeping their customers coming back for more.

The sushi there is always fresh and recently they've added many new sushi and cooked fusion creations, which now I have to try every visit until I go through all of them. One thing I like in particular about Wasabi is that they don't skimp on the fish, the give you a little bit of rice and plenty of fish, unlike other places that overload you with rice so they can give you a little piece of fish to save money. If you don't see something you like on the menu, you can always ask the sushi chefs to make you something off menu, which I have done many times.

For anyone looking for a reliable, reasonable and fresh sushi restaurant, then look no further. The service is above average and the food is as good as it gets when you eat sushi.