“Amazingly fresh and delicious Sushi!”

Wasabi Asian Plates & Sushi Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Wasabi Asian Plates & Sushi Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #17 of 85 Restaurants in Somerville
Cuisines: Asian, Japanese
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed August 9, 2012

We were searching for a Sushi place that had a bar and an array of cooked and uncooked options. Wasabi Asian Plates and Sushi Bar was recommended by a friend and he was spot on. The service was attentive but not obtrusive and the food was prepared quickly. We had eight rolls, a sashimi plate, coconut shrimp and satay. All of the food came out at the same time as we had requsted. The atmosphere was tasteful and very clean. The staff was very friendly and we loved the sushi so much that we ordered one more roll for there and one togo. The last roll was the Chilean Sea Bass Tempura Maki and it was perfect end to the meal. If you go to Wasabi order that roll and you will not be disappointed!!!

Reviewed August 3, 2012

Great drinks (but very pricey) - the food is pretty good. Great selection of sushi and they do offer other alternatives if sushi isn't your thing.

Reviewed July 18, 2012

I always get the Dragon (eel) and Spider (soft shell crabs) rolls to go because I am the only one in my family that eats sushi. They are so good, always tastes fresh! Unfortunately parking is not the easiest to find because they are located right in a busy section of Main Street. Definitely worth the trouble.

Reviewed July 10, 2012

The fusion rolls were great, lots of innovative combinations. Service was fast and the prices are delightful. Try the deep fried ice cream (more than enough to share) - yum!

Reviewed May 22, 2012

A big group of us (15+) went here to have dinner for my niece's graduation dinner. Wasabi did not disappoint. I have to say hands down this is the best sushi I have ever had. We ordered several rolls (volcano roll, rainbow roll, house roll, Kamikaze Maki ), grilled seafood platter and steaks. I am a bit finicky when it comes to sushi just because you are dealing with raw fish but I have to say, this was the freshest sushi and seafood I have ever had. The restaurant is nicely decorated and modern. In addition, the place was spotless; really clean and well maintained. The service was impeccable. The service staff was always around and attentive without being intrusive. Lastly, the owner who is also the chef was awesome. You can tell by his demeanor and the way he took care of us and treated his staff that he really cares about his food and service. I could go on and on about what a great experience we had. I can not wait until we go back and I hope it to be quite soon. Keep up the good work.