“Bland”

Dining options: Reservations
Raritan, New Jersey
“Bland”
Reviewed October 11, 2013

Waiting. We waited 10 minutes to not get seated and instead sat ourselves, we waited 5 minutes to get a menu, we waited nearly 30 minutes to have someone not take our order and instead placed an order for takeout. Waited another 20 minutes for our food to be ready (which is fine). Finally got our food home to see why they were so busy - it must be amazing, right?! Instead we found bland as could be greasy meat and some beans. I've been to some amazing Cuban places and this lacked all the flavor that I was hoping for. Plantains were good, but we couldn't even eat half of the meal, it was so disappointing.

• Visited September 2013

Robbinsville, New Jersey
“Go for the Tres Leche Cake!”
Reviewed September 2, 2013

I celebrated my birthday here with friends on a Friday night before the Somerville Classic Car Show. I had a chicken dish but wish I had selected another one - the sauce had a slightly sour taste. Meal portions are a little large. The restaurant got very noisy by 7:30 pm and it was hard to hear - lots of families and loud conversation. But the waiters delivered a singing happy birthday and Tres Leche cake which was good - the best thing on the menu!

• Visited August 2013
Millington, New Jersey
“Fried Green Cuban Sandwich”
Reviewed August 16, 2013

I visited this establishment with one of my Spanish friends. We both ordered The Cuban Sandwich. When it came I took a huge bite since I was told and by the reviews it was THE Best Cuban place in the area. But, the taste was awful! Upon inspection of the sandwich it was green inside! My friend's sandwich was green too. It looked as if the meat was starting to rot. My friend spoke to the server in Spanish and we walked out! NEVER AGAIN!

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank GlenS864
Midwest
“At least I didn't have to drive to NYC for Cuban food.”
Reviewed July 13, 2013 via mobile

Well I had high hopes for nearby Cuban food and this place was just ok.

Service here is Horrible! Well I should say time to get food because they are very accommodating to fixing the food the way you want. Appetizers took 20+ minutes for our table while the table behind us got theirs in 10.

Main course took 45 minutes to get.

Avocado salad is great. Chicken in garlic sauce (pollo al ajillo) is dry.

Loud music.

Overall it is fine. Cheap food and edible but nothing to write home about.

• Visited July 2013
Princeton, New Jersey
“Cuban Food at its Finest!”
Reviewed June 29, 2013

Excellent food! I recommend it to anyone who loves to entice their palette by trying new foods from around the world. Martino's is a great representation of the Cuban cuisine! Meal portions seemed just right, compared to the many other large restaurant portions today! Staff is very friendly and attentive. We were here for my brother's birthday because he loved it so much when we were there the first time celebrating my other brother's birthday!

• Visited June 2013