“Awesome atmosphere, interesting menu.”
Review of Social

Social
Ranked #49 of 82 Restaurants in Somerville
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Bridgewater, New Jersey
“Awesome atmosphere, interesting menu.”
Reviewed August 5, 2013

Hubby and I found ourselves at Social one evening and decided to give it a try. I drive past this location to go to work several times a week and watched the remodel with interest. They did a fantastic job. It's a very sleek, comfortable, romantic and modern restaurant now.

The menu was very interesting and it was hard to decide what to get. The prices were reasonable, maybe a little on the high side but seemed worth it for the food and the great service. We really enjoyed it, and plan to go back soon.

• Visited March 2013

New York City, New York
“Great service,good food”
Reviewed May 11, 2013 via mobile

We had a bunch of the sharing plates to start. The seared tuna appetizer and fish tacos stood out. All of the apps were good. Instead of ordering a main course we decided to do sushi. Glad we did. The sushi was surprisingly good. The burrito roll was awesome. We ordered a few drinks from the bar but they were a bit weak. The service and vibe were great. All in all I would go back

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank cowboysfan9874
“Great happy hour”
Reviewed April 22, 2013 via mobile

Can't beat the happy hour and half price apps. Beer and wine at gret prices
Small bar and fills up fast but always seem to accommodate a few extra people
Really enjoy this local spot

• Visited April 2013
2 Thank eweinz22
Neshanic Station, New Jersey
“Metro-style Bar and Restaurant with Youthful Vibe”
Reviewed March 27, 2013

On a Tuesday night late in March, my husband and I dined at Social Raw Bar and Restaurant in Somerville for the first time. Formerly Ciao Bello Ristorante, the building has been renovated and reinvented into a modern bar and restaurant. The new decor of the restaurant is contemporary or metro-style, but it still feels cozy somehow. There was a special function in the main dining room so we were seated at a table in the smaller dining room near the popular bar area. We started with a cocktail. I tried a refreshing Martini called The Elderflower, which I liked. For an appetizer, we enjoyed sharing the small artichoke and goat cheese dip that came with crostini and tortilla chips. It was delicious. The dinner's complimentary bread was accompanied by a really tasty and noteworthy alternative to plain olive oil or butter. It was a purée of roasted red peppers and roasted garlic whipped with olive oil. I had to ask as to what was in it as it was so light and creamy that I would have thought it had whipped cream in the emulsion and the roasted garlic was so subtle in the flavor of the finished puree. For my entrée, I chose the grilled salmon. It was served with roasted tomatoes, shallots, tangy green olives, roasted potatoes, and sautéed spinach. It was delicious and the ingredients worked well together. From the specials, my husband ordered and liked the pan-seared Mahi Mahi fish that came with a nice sauce, sautéed spinach, tomatoes, and roasted garlic. We decided to splurge on the desserts and each ordered one instead of sharing one dessert (or skipping dessert) because our waiter described them so enthusiastically. I chose a slice of the light-tasting lemon marscapone cheesecake and we both loved it. My husband went for a special not-too-sweet chocolate dessert called a pedini, which I may have spelled incorrectly. Compared to other local restaurants -in our experience- the bar and the restaurant were fairly busy for a Tuesday night. The noise level near the bar wasn't too bad, but it was louder than what I like. I probably would've preferred to be in the main dining room, which was a little removed from the bar area. There's definitely a youthful vibe to the place with the pulsating music during happy hour. I thought the bass level on the music system should've been toned down a bit, but it got better later. The service was good and the food was tasty so we plan to dine there again.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Tricia I
Lebanon, New Jersey
1,111 restaurant reviews
“This used to be Ciao Bello - owners did a re-make”
Reviewed January 30, 2013

We have been here a couple times for happy hour and my lady went for dinner. For happy hour, the bartenders are very attentive. A draw-back is limited seating - as they do not like you using the in-bar table unless you are eating. This is something they need to fix if they want to be a happy hour destination. (Would be nice to convert the tables to high-top ones for HH.) They do sell $3 HH apps, some of which are ok, and some look like should be $1. Lady had seafood pasta for dinner - it was very good. Value was average. Service very good. Atmosphere good.

• Visited January 2013