“Nice find”

Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 11, 2013

In an area that's filled mostly by pizza/italian restaurants, burgers, or american-chinese eateries, it was a nice surprise to find a Greek restaurant in central NJ. Went here for a Saturday dinner at 7pm. It was busy! We didn't have reservations, but our smiling hostess graciously offered to take our name and said it be about 40 min wait. We left our name and decided to wait it out by walking downtown Somerville, There was a live band playing 'Funky Town" over on Division St, we watched 10 min then decided to head back to Kyma. The hostess saw us return and informed us our table was ready. Super! 40 min turned out to be 20 min. Kyma has indoor/outdoor seating. Indoor decor is modern, Greek theme blue walls with over sized canvas prints of the Greek isles. Place was bustling, energetic, tables comfortably spaced apart. Our waitress Adriana was friendly and professional. For appy, we ordered the grilled octopus salad. The meaty tentacle was grilled to perfection, charred, grilled and smoky, then chopped into bite size morsels served warm over field greens. DELISH! For entree, I ordered the grilled scallops served over some kind orzo/rice w/ asparagus and balsamic vinaigrette. The flavor combination was superb. Portion was just right for me, but may be lacking for my husband, (4 avg sized scallops + 1 small). My son ordered the lamb gyro. Large portion, very tasty, couldve left out the fries or replaced it with more pita. Husband got the Lamb chops, Cooked medium, as requested. He said he would order it again. Overall a positive dining experience. Will go back.

Reviewed July 19, 2013

Delicious stuffed calamari appetizer! Terrific service. Good for friends, dates or business. Acoustics are difficult.

Reviewed July 12, 2013

I would think twice about wearing anything valuable when you dine at this restaurant. We had been there once before and enjoyed the experience so we came back with friends last weekend. The restaurant was incredibly noisy and it was hard to carry on a conversation with our friends but the food was fine. We were one of the last to leave. When I arrived home I realized that I had left my sweater on the chair. We called back in the morning and several times after that, insisting to talk to the owner. He said he would look into the matter and asked for our phone number. We have not heard from him since.

While he is not directly to blame for the incident, he doesn't seem to have a problem with his staff stealing from customers. If one of his employees is brazen enough to take an ordinary sweater without fearing disciplinary action from the owner, that person will continue to steal from customers. Imagine if it were a designer sweater that was really worth a lot of money! Needless to say, we will not be returning to this restaurant.

1  Thank LAC42
Reviewed July 1, 2013

We had dinner at Kyma last night and were pleasantly surprised. We got a little nervous at first since the service was a little off when we first got there but, luckily, it picked up once we finally ordered. The Baked Oysters were wonderful. We had the traditional Greek Salad which was huge and very nicely chilled. It was plenty for 3 of us to share. The waitress was nice enough to tell us that before we ordered. My daughter had the Shrimp Santorini which was our favorite dish of the 3 main courses. The marinated lamb was very good as were the seafood skewers but the shrimp was fabulous. The flavors and spices were very subtle but not overdone. All in all a very good meal. I'd go back just for the oysters.

Reviewed June 13, 2013

Taken to Kyma for a business meeting and had the best Greek meal since leaving Santorini, Greece. Really.

Service was fast, friendly and the food was excellent...go there if you like Greek!

Bring your own wine!