“not your ordinary greek food”
Review of Kyma

Kyma
Ranked #5 of 82 Restaurants in Somerville
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Greek
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups, Families with children
new jersey
“not your ordinary greek food”
Reviewed May 26, 2013

in downtown somerville, excellent food and staff. they have something for everyone from traditional greek food to fish specials and meats. large appetizer selection. byob. you have to try this place.

1 Thank lekerm

Chatham, New Jersey
“nice try, but...”
Reviewed May 21, 2013

somerset is a nice town. their urban renewal makes it a nice place to visit for a meal instead of going to the mall. kyma looks nice on the inside, the decor is pleasant and the chairs comfy. the service was fine, our waitress was enthusiastic and helpful. wish i could say i loved the food, but my order of filet with polenta was way overly salted.. i had to brush all the gravy off of my steak to eat it, and it still was pretty bad. the polenta was inedible. after suffering through the meal, i had turkish coffee that wasnt turkish, just regular served in a small cup. the waitress said that she made it herself. i wanted to like this place, it appeared that many people enjoyed what they were eating, but dont think i will go back.

Martinsville, New Jersey
“Not too good this time, but I probably some bad choices.”
Reviewed May 10, 2013 via mobile

First bad choice: going to downtown Somerville on a Friday night...too crowded, hard to find a parking space.
Second bad choice: going too an overcrowded, noisy restaurant.
Third bad choice: ordering the bland, rubbery meat, gritty pastichio.
Fourth bad choice: expecting a manager to ask me, why I left 95% of my entree on the plate.
Kyma added outside seating, which may put too much of a burden on the kitchen, staff, and management.

Hillsborough, NJ
“Outstanding! Chef sat with us for an hour!”
Reviewed May 3, 2013

My girlfriend and I had dinner here about a month ago. We ordered several appetizers and they were so good, we could barely finished the meal. I think it was the best meal I have experienced in years!~ What added to the enjoyment was the fact that the head chef came to our table and sat with us for about an hour!! He solicited our feedback, we talked to him about hosting a cooking class for our friends, and he gave us a free shot (shh) and this OUTSTANDING chocolate ball dessert. It was a story in and of itself with a beginning, a plot, and a beautiful ending. The combination of sweet and spicy was out of this world. So, clearly I recommend this restaurant! Also, we were shocked at how little our bill was considering we ordered so many items off the menu. Next time, I might go for just appetizers and salad since that was plenty and offered a lot of variety.

• Visited March 2013
Lambertville
“Outstanding”
Reviewed April 29, 2013

What a great find. Never knew this terrific restaurant was here. Met friends from the west coast and the moment we entered it was great.
Our food, server and service was above expectations. This should be an example for other establishments to follow!
Can't wait to introduce more friends to KYMA.

• Visited April 2013