I stayed at this hotel for 9 days over 2 weeks. I checked out once for the weekend, so I had 2 rooms to review on.
Remember that this is a long term stay like Extended Stay America, where you do not have daily maid service. So you leave your room a mess, towels on the floor, they will be there when you return. Rooms are freshened weekly. This was no problem for me as I just treated it like an apartment or home.
The staff at the front desk was very friendly. Again, this is not like a regular full service hotel, so there is no one manning the desk from 10PM (11pm?) to 7am. So if you are checking in or out during those times, you should be prepared ahead of time. for wait to check in or just drop cards for check out in the box.
It is located next to a Residence Inn , a brand I often stay at, but the 1/3 cheaper rate was too good not to try. The rooms were a bit smaller than Residence inns, but fully equipped with electric stove, full side frig, coffee maker, dishwasher & microwave... with all needed utensils, pans etc.
It was easy on & off I287, located down at the end of a section of low rise office buildings, and tech companies. It was very quiet. You will have to drive to get any groceries.. about 2 miles or so away. same for restaurants, except they are a bit further.
I would stay here again as it was clean, quiet, and a great value. I would really give it 3 1/2 stars. Not 'polished/fancy enough for a 4, but a nice stay.
One negative.. the world's slowest elevator.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Come and experience our new Comforts of Home™ Bedding Collection. The Candlewood Suites Somerset Hotel is located in the business district of Somerset, NJ. We are an all suite property, the perfect place for your next stay and a great alternative to a corporate apartment. Each spacious suite has a full kitchen complete with microwave and full size refrigerator. Work efficiently at your over sized executive desk with free high speed Internet access and two separate phone lines - check email and talk on the phone at the same time. Relax in the overstuffed recliner while you enjoy the CD player and VCR. Work off some stress in our fitness center or visit our Candlewood Cupboard. You can purchase meals, snacks and sundry items at value prices. We offer complimentary use of the washers and dryers in our on-site laundry facilities. The Candlewood Suites Somerset Hotel is located near major interstates and 25 miles from Newark Liberty International Airport. Minutes from downtown New Brunswick, trains to NYC, Rutgers University and shopping malls. Convenient to major companies such as Sanofi-Aventis, Cardinal Health, Avaya, Phillips Lighting and J&J. We are also within the city limits of Piscataway and Bridgewater and adjacent to Basking Ridge and Warren Townships. Pet Friendly-restrictions and fees apply- one pet per suite- call hotel directly for additional information. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Hotels.com, Priceline, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Candlewood Suites Somerset reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Candlewood Suites Somerset Hotel Somerset
- Candlewood Somerset
- Somerset Candlewood Suites