“Very comfortable stay”

Candlewood Suites Somerset
Ranked #11 of 16 Hotels in Somerset
Reviewed April 10, 2012

This is where I stay for when I am working at Rutgers. It is a very easy trip in to campus. The beds are very comfortable and the desk/workspace is extra long. They have the cupboard as well but prices are a bit steep.

• Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank Justin M

Reviewed March 24, 2012

Very comfortable, clean, nice quiet area, great employees and service. Death in family brought us back to NJ and as we had stayed here in the past we were pleased to stay here again. Just one little issue - we found some nails and screws within parking spaces in the back of the hotel that may have been left there by contractors.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed February 15, 2012

We arrived & saw they were under construction. They handed out chocolate hammers with "sorry for the incontinence" bags. We went to the room, it was clean, but had paint spatter all over the bathroom floor. The room looked as if it was one of the finished renovated rooms.
The following morning, my husband left the room to get something out of the car. As he left, he put the magnet that says "do not disturb" on the outside of the door. I didn't use the bar lock because my husband was returning within minutes.
I went to get into the shower. I hear, "hello! I" I peeked around the corner & JOHN (I found out his name later) said, "oh, I'm sorry" I screamed and jumped back into the bathroom.
When we went to the front desk, I was informed that John, didnt do anything wrong. "He saw my husband leave, so he would assume that it was ok to enter."
When asked, he had given no reason as to why he was in the room.

So regardless, if you have a sign saying 'don't enter'
Even though he heard the tub water running,
Even though he had no reason to be in the room - its ok to enter.

I've stayed at many Candlewood Suites. I've always liked them because of privacy, laundry services, gym and the pantry. I don't recommend this location to anyone. They humiliated me, by saying JOHN didn't do anything wrong.

Room Tip: Stay at a different location!
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
7  Thank DawnC926
Reviewed December 3, 2011

Another excellent property in the area and an excellent option for the business and casual traveler. Good rates, nice staff and beautiful rooms. Much better then the Fairfield nearby where we used to stay. Too many problems there. This is as near perfect as you'll get.

• Stayed: October 2011
Reviewed August 29, 2011

My family and I live on the NJ Shore. We had to evacuate our area for Hurricane Irene (the storm turned out to be less impactful than predicted). We chose to stay here because this was one of the few hotels that accepted cats. We found the suite to be very spacious and more importantly CLEAN!!!!! The furniture was comfortable, the amenities were great (free laundry, free internet, free fitness center etc). I have no complaints. I would however suggest that they start to update some of their styles/designs. For example, in both the kitchen and the bathroom the counters and counter tops are very dated (they’re beige with an oak trim), the paintings look a little dated as well, and they could brighten up the hallways a little. But that’s all very minor. I’d certainly stay here again!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 25, 2011

I booked my reservation through hotels dot com. Evidently, this Candlewood requires a minimum of 3 nights and failed to advertise that. I booked on July 11, and then on July 25, I received a notification that they "couldn't complete my reservation." Shouldn't they have realized that 2 weeks before when I booked?

Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed June 27, 2011

The internet connection there was really pathetic....even the TV was bad...though the rooms were just cosy...

The bathrooms were stinking!

I certainly did not like the place and would not like to come back…there are better alternatives very nearby and am planning on checking them out.

Room Tip: Try Sierra Suites which is nearby
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business