Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
patdebs2017
Northamptonshire, United Kingdom

Good nights sleep

4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed Sep 1, 2017
I dont think I've ever had as good a night sleep in a hotel and my wife had a good night sleep also (all nights). Room spacious and clean bar food was of good quality did not try the restaurant as this eas not open during our stay. Gym well equipt. Ample parking.
Date of stay: August 2017
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
3.0 of 5 bubblesValue
    $113
1.7 miles from DoubleTree by Hilton Somerset Hotel and Conference Center
View more hotels in Somerset
1,172 results
All reviews double tree cookies breakfast buffet very nice hotel coffee maker new jersey business starbucks highway
Selected filters
Reviewed August 30, 2017

I ALWAYS stay at the Courtyard Marriott when I am in Somerset, but decided to try this Doubletree location since I generally like the Hilton brand. Well, the joke was on me!

Check-in was horrid, and I was moved twice before I finally took my original room, which wasn't the cleanest. The hot tub was filthy and people complained every day of my stay that it was too hot. The indoor pool was freezing and guests had to keep requesting that the temperature be adjusted. The floors of the indoor pool are atrocious and need to be resurfaced. The door to my room was old, rickety, and wooden, and I had to be sure to give a a bit of shoulder to get in and slam it closed. This hotel needs LOTS of work before I would ever think of staying again.

Back to the (Courtyard Marriott a few doors down) I go!

Room tip: Try a room at the Courtyard Marriott
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Teresa B
Management response:Responded September 1, 2017

Thank you for your feedback. Good or bad we appreciate that you took the time to respond. I am sorry that there were many aspects of your stay that were unacceptable. Please accept my apologies. It is always our goal to exceed expectations. I will look further into your challenges and respond again to you.

Reviewed August 29, 2017 via mobile

Ok after I booked this hotel I decided to read the reviews and got really scared I was ready to pick on anything. I don't know where people are coming up with these problems I came with my 2 kids and 1 baby we checked in front desk was friendly even gave my kids an extra cookie it did take some time for them to bring the pack n play but when he came he saw my baby sleeping he took it back in the hall to open and assembled so he wouldn't wake my baby that gives start right there it's a typical room but not dirty like everyone says pool was clean attendant was nice breakfast was a regular buffet breakfast had a great assortment so if any of you are reading those bad reviews they must have a chip on there shoulder this isn't a Waldorf hotel it has dated decor but it was clean that all that matters

Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed August 28, 2017

For 100-125$ per night range DoubleTree is untouchable in terms of Value. Far better than any similarly priced hotels I was able to find. Would Typically have to spend quite a bit more per night for this quality of experience. Would highly recommend!

• Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed August 23, 2017

Positives - bar and breakfast and Wednesday happy hour (if you are a Gold member)' Negatives - out dated cooling / heating units and shower heads. One suggestion - add local IPA's to the beer selection.

• Trip type: Traveled solo
Management response:Responded August 24, 2017

Thank you very much for your feedback. We always strive to make every visit flawless and we missed the mark with you. I am glad that you enjoyed the breakfast and the Honors reception that we offer each week. I will discuss your challenges with my engineering team to ensure that your next visit is a better experience. And I really like the suggestion about the IPA! Thanks again.

Reviewed August 20, 2017

Everything was wonderful at the hotel from check-in to check-out. I will definitely stay at this hotel again. The staff was very friendly; front desk, restaurant and housekeeping. I didn't have a refrigerator in my room when i arrived, I asked for it and it was delivered within 15 minutes. The staff and food in the restaurant was really good...both breakfast and lunch. The food and staff was consistent. As a former hotel employee, I'm very observant and have very high expectations when i travel, this was a very good experience and I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Trip type: Traveled with family