“Amazing Staff and Hotel”

DoubleTree by Hilton Somerset Hotel & Conference Center
Ranked #4 of 16 Hotels in Somerset
Mickleton, United States
“Amazing Staff and Hotel”
Reviewed April 8, 2014

The staff at this hotel were amazing. After having a bad experience at another hotel we came upon the Doubletree. Everyone that we encountered was so helpful and nice. The room was amazing, the breakfast was great. We were greeted with warm cookies and water bottles.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

DoubleTree by H... S, Guest Relations Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Somerset Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, April 9, 2014
Thank you for your feedback. I was happy to hear that overall you enjoyed your stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton in Somerset, and that you found the staff to be friendly and helpful. I am very glad that we were able to change your bad experience into something positive at our property! We hope to see you again here at the DoubleTree by Hilton in Somerset!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
Reviewed April 5, 2014

My hotel experience was interesting to say the least. The front desk lobby was gorgeous and I was greeted with a Doubeltree cookie. Very pleasant front desk staff. We went down to TK's to grab a bite to eat. This was when our stay started to go south. We were greeted by a man in a tie. I believe his name was Paul. He sat us in a nice booth and said enjoy your dinner. Nice guy. Then we were greeted by our waitress Amanda. She seemed frazzled because the restaurant was completely filled. Amanda was overwhelmed and frankly seemed like she didn't care. A young man named Chip came over and seemed to take better care of us. He was attentive and answered our questions about the area because we were visiting our son at Rutgers University. We wanted to inquire about different restaurants for the next evening. However, we ordered two salads and they took over 25 minutes. We noticed the Chef in a black shirt was talking to guests. I was wondering why he wasn't back there helping out cooking instead of talking. It didn't make much sense, especially since the table next to us said they had waited 20 minutes for two salads, as well. Chip said the hotel was full of sorority group and the chef's name was Kenny. It was very busy inside the bar, but shouldn't the chef be helping out the kitchen staff? Just a thought.....I would stay here again, but hopefully the chef is in the kitchen next time.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
DoubleTree by H... S, Guest Relations Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Somerset Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, April 19, 2014
Thank you for taking the time and giving us your feedback. I do apologize for the inconvenience you encountered in our restaurant. I assure you that that is not our DoubleTree standard customer service. We will address this issue with our staff and take action right away. I apologize again for this incident in our pub. I hope you give us a second chance and mend this problem.
Mississauga, Canada
Reviewed April 4, 2014

On the whole I had an excellent experience at the Doubletree in Somerset. My particular room had an over-aggressive and noisy heater which would cycle on and off all night even on low. I mentioned this on checkout, and was assured they have other more updated rooms with different heating systems. They updated my profile to ensure I get one of those on my next trip, upon which I'm sure my experience will be even better. Desk staff were really great, good natured, cheerful, and they clearly enjoy what they do and were most welcoming. I was too busy with work and did not get a chance to eat in the restaurant or bar, so have no comment on those, though they looked clean and orderly when I looked in. I'm going to rate sleep quality poor only because that heater kept waking me up, other than that I have zero complaints about the accommodation or the hotel in general. The bed and pillows were in fact great, supportive and comfortable.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for your feedback. Thank you for recognizing the staff as being very friendly and courteous. I will make sure to let our staff know about your gracious comments. We try to provide the best service that is possible to our guest to make them feel right at home! In the near feature our hotel will be undergoing renovations, which should provide a better quality of the rooms, especially the AC/Heater issue.
Livingston, New Jersey
Reviewed April 3, 2014

I stayed at the Doubletree in Somerset, NJ the last two Wednesday nights. The room was clean and comfortable. The front desk staff was prompt and courteous. The food and bar were both very good. I was able to watch a number of sporting events on the multiple televisions in the bar.
The food and drinks were reasonably priced and the service was very good. I plan to stay there again in the future. It is the best hotel I have found in that area right off of 287.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for your wonderful feedback and comments about our hotel. We strive to provide our guest with great customer service and make them feel right at home. Thank you for choosing the DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel in Somerset and hope to serving you again soon.
Reviewed April 3, 2014

We were here for a wedding; the hotel was pristine, the bar was pleasant with great service and music, the breakfast bar was fresh and food was hot/cold appropriately. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

DoubleTree by H... S, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Somerset Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, April 21, 2014
Thank you for choosing the DoubleTree by Hilton in Somerset New Jersey, my name is Enoch Nimene the Front Office Director and I wanted to personally say thank you. A wedding is the most memorable event in the life the people in attendance. I'm glad we played our part in helping the wedding be an overall good one.
Lakeland, Florida
Reviewed April 2, 2014

The Doubletree in Somerset, NJ occupies a quiet location - even though it is still quite convenient to I-287. I've travelled here weekly and bi-monthly for over three years. I walk daily in the morning and see deer and other wildlife on my morning jaunts. The Tuscany restaurant has an excellent breakfast buffet and the Executive Chef provides excellent lunch and dinner menu items and quite readily comes off menu to meet special requests. The Tuesday evening HHonors reception lets him 'strut his stuff' with it's food and beverage offerings. TK's Lounge has skilled bartenders and wait staff to take care of us at the end of the day and over the weekends if your stay is extended. I had a medical emergency last year that resulted in having to extend my visit before I could travel back to my home in Florida and the entire staff from upper management to room attendants took extraordinary care of my wife and I during this event.

Room Tip: The Junior Suites are quite roomy and have microwave and mini-fridges for use on all floors. But tr...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
DoubleTree by H... S, Guest Relations Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Somerset Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, April 21, 2014
On behalf of the DoubleTree by Hilton, we want to thank you so much for the gracious comments. We are so glad that you were able to enjoy your stay here, and that we were able to make you feel at home. I am so glad that we were able to accommodate all your needs, and we hope to see you again soon at our Hilton Honors' reception!
Canton, Michigan
Reviewed April 2, 2014

The location is great, right off 287. Hotel staff is very friendly and courteous. The hotel bartenders and staff are extremely friendly, social and accommodating to the guests. Would highly recommend this hotel to any travelers in the area!

• Stayed April 2014
I am so pleased we were able to make your business trip relaxing and enjoyable, especially after a long hard day of work. I am glad that the staff was able to accommodate all your needs, and I hope that we will see you again in the near future!