DoubleTree by Hilton Somerset Hotel & Conference Center
Ranked #4 of 16 Hotels in Somerset
Reviewed February 12, 2014

This hotel is centrally located in New Jersey. There is a lovely outdoor pool that I enjoy in the summer, and a great running path along the canal nearby. The hotel could use a facelift. It's clean and the rooms are spacious, it's just a little dated. My only complaint is not receiving a bill under my door the morning I checked out. When I inquired, I was told the hotel was going paperless and I would receive an email bill. I did not receive an email.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
DoubleTree by H... S, Guest Relations Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Somerset Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2014

We strive to please our guest at all times. Thank you for your feedback. This year we are undergoing renovations and have addressed the outdated furniture to our new ownership team. I’m glad you enjoyed your stay with us and took great advantage of the running path along the canal that’s near the hotel. I do apologize for not receiving your receipt via email and have one sent to you as soon as possible. Thank you for staying with us and hope you visit us again soon.

Reviewed February 5, 2014

The hotel staff were very nice and friendly. The rooms for the most part were very clean. The only problem I had was the heating system was very loud. The chocolate chip cookies were delicious. The food for all of our meals was delicious. The rooms we had our workshops in were very comfortable and clean.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for your wonderful comments about our staff. We do strive to please our guest. We are going to have renovations this year and our heating system is the first thing we are addressing. Our restaurant has exceptional food quality and takes pride on serving our guest their meals. We are really glad you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to see you visit us again soon.

Reviewed February 4, 2014

i have staying at your hotel for the past 10 years as part of the north coast golf show. everything has always been perfect, but this year was the worse hotel experience i have ever had. in addition to the golf show contingent, you had a gaming convention at your hotel. 800 teenagers with no or little supervision. after the show friday evening, we tried to have dinner at 8:45, but were told that restaurant was closing at 9:00pm. they told us to gointo bar for food. went into bar and could not find a seat due to all the kids. also could not hear myself think. went back into restaurant and staff served us reluctantly. when one of our co-workers showed up at 9:00 to join us, staff would not serve them. every time i tried to get into elevator, it was jammed with kids. seems like they lived there. went to bed after dinner, and could not sleep all night. kids were running up and down the hallways till 4:00 in the morning. although was supposed to stay thru sunday, checked out saturday morning and drove home and commuted to show sunday am. will check to see if this group is here again next year before staying at your hotel. VERY DISAPOINTTED>

1  Thank Kalman K

Thank you for your comments. I am deeply sorry for the negative experiences you had at the hotel during your visit to the North Coast Golf Show. I do apologize that you did not enjoy your stay at the hotel like the previous year’s you have stayed with us. This was a new group we took this year and have learned how we could have improved things better for the New Year 2015. Thank you for providing us with your feedback.

Reviewed February 2, 2014

Very good room furnishings nice and modern and comfortable.Excellent service -- only complaint is that the bathroom which was clean and well stocked had a shower which was a tub with a curtain so it looked like it came out of the 60's.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
DoubleTree by H... S, Guest Relations Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Somerset Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2014

Our goal at the DoubleTree by Hilton Somerset is make every guests stay with us a comfortable one. We will be undergoing renovations in the upcoming year and we hope to address the issue of our furniture be outdated. I am very happy that the staff was able to provide you with excellent customer service because we do strive to please our guest!

Reviewed January 30, 2014

Overall the hotel is fairly clean but the building itself does need updating. The doors, walls and carpets all show their age and have clearly been patched through the years. In particular, many of the guest room doors are damaged from age and were just simply painted over. Picture frames in the rooms are also old and damaged. The windows also have small leaks and the wind whistles through them throughout the night. I could feel the cold air coming through.

The hotel is on a nice property and it would have received a better review from me if it weren't showing its age. There is a nice pond next to it and I saw deer roaming around there at night.

I'm sure it was a mistake, but I was not happy to find my room wastebasket had not been emptied from the previous guest. Mistake or not, this put a damper on my experience. I feel that this is a very basic cleaning activity that should not be missed.

Buffet breakfast in their restaurant is decent for a quick, hot meal.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Ron C, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Somerset Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded January 31, 2014

Thank you for your honest feedback. The hotels new ownership is currently looking at making improvements to the hotel. The items that you mentioned are all part of the discussions. I totally agree that the waste basket should have been addressed prior to your arrival. This is a basic level of cleanliness that we should not have missed. I apologize that we did. Our hotel feels like it is in a much more rural area due to the ponds that dot the area and the wildlife. Although I-287 skirts the property to the eastern side, you really wouldn't know that walking the grounds. Thank you for choosing the DoubleTree by Hilton Somerset Hotel & Conference Center and we hope to serve you again very soon.

Reviewed January 29, 2014

I enjoyed my stay at the DOUBLE TREE in Somerset, NJ. I was attending a show at the convention center next door and it was very easy to move from one to the other. The hotel was more than just convenient, it was very comfortable and funt to be at. I stay there every year to attend the same show.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Ron C, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Somerset Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2014

Thank you for your epeated stays with us. I and the hotel staff appreciate that. The property does lend itself very well to an event right next door. Too bad the weather couldn't have been a little more cooperative while you were here. I'm glad that you enjoyed yourself. We look forward to seeing you next year...or sooner. Thank you.

Reviewed January 29, 2014

Really nice place to stay while attending the show. The room was just right, restaurants and the wait staff were just what we needed, and having the show a short walk away was perfect. Definitely will be back!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for yuor feedback. I'm very happy to see that you enjoyed yourself. The hotel staff looks forward to the return of Fly Fishing every year because they love the people that attend. I will be sure to pass on your comments to the staff. Thank you for choosing us and continuing to stay with us. Thank you.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Somerset
Comfort Inn & Suites
Embassy Suites by Hilton Piscataway - Somerset
Candlewood Suites Somerset
Candlewood Suites Somerset
#11 of 16 in Somerset

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Somerset Hotel & Conference Center? Share your experiences!