DoubleTree by Hilton Somerset Hotel & Conference Center
$134
$110
$106
Comfort Inn & Suites(Somerset)(Great Value!)
$101
$109
Courtyard
$137
SpringHill Suites
All reviewsdouble treecookiescovered walkwaybreakfast buffetvery nice hotelbusiness travelhotel roomplenty of parkingcoffee makerenjoyed my staynew jerseyfitness centereventbanquetstarbuckshighwaynyc
Reviewed December 24, 2013

This hotel is right next to the Exhibit Center on Davidson Avenue in Somerset. It is a full service hotel that has a restaurant and very lively bar. The rooms are clean and the beds are comfortable but everything needs a good updating. The indoor pool has beautiful windows and could be a showcase but the pool deck and décor is tired and old. They have a buffet breakfast but it was a disappointment with their reconstituted scrambled eggs. If you have only one night to spend and are doing business in the area, this is fine, but as a leisure traveler, this would not be my hotel of choice next time in the area.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Ron C, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Somerset Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded December 26, 2013

Thank you very much for staying and the great feedback. All things to look at. In fact, we are anticipating a wide renovation of the hotel to commence in 2014. We hope to see you again soon! DoubleTree by Hilton Somerset wishes you all the best in 2014!

Reviewed December 20, 2013

Best thing about this hotel is the excellent buffet breakfast. Well prepared, good variety and a great start to the day. Desk staff were polite and accommodating. I checked in early because of snow storm. No problem. Makes a good business hotel.
Rooms are good: bedding is comfortable and clean. No particularly great restaurants in the vicinity.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Ron C, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Somerset Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded December 23, 2013

Thank you fro choosing the DoubleTree by Hilton Somerset Hotel and thank you for your feedback. I'm glad that you liked the breakfast buffet. It is rather extensive and now the Chef has added a Specialty of the Day to the Buffet. I will be sure to pass on your comments to the restaurant staff, front desk agents and housekeepers. We hope to serve you again very soon. Thank you.

Reviewed December 16, 2013

We stayed here on a Friday night on a good rate. Check in was no problem and the cookie was delicious as advertised. The parking lots/entrance was a little tricky to find at night. There aren't many choices outside the restaurant for dining, one being a Ruby Tuesday attached to a Courtyard hotel just down the road.

Our room was fine, the design and décor was a little bit older. The one major positive was the shower... this shower had outstanding water pressure and stayed nice and hot. No "low flow" showerhead here, I wish my shower at home was this good!

This was a nice hotel with no problems noted, probably would stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Ron C, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Somerset Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded December 17, 2013

Thank you for staying with us and thank you for your feedback. I'm glad that you enjoyed your shower and the water pressure. This is a project that the hotel's engineering department has been working on. We hope to serve you again very soon. Thank you.

Reviewed December 13, 2013

Hotel entrance was very nice. Check in staff would not look up my honors number. Shower only produced a 1 inch stream of water despite trying several different settings. Food in bar area was not very good.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Ron C, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Somerset Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded December 15, 2013

I am very sorry we could not find your HHonors number. The address we have on file for your reservation is your company's address I believe. If you can supply me with your HHonors number or the address on your HHonors account I will be able submit your stay for points.

Thank you for letting me know about the showerhead. I apologize for the narrow stream. There is a small lever by the temperature control to change the pressure. That could have been the issue. I am having our engineer on duty check if that was the issue.

Thank you for the feedback on our bar. We are always open to comments and suggestions!

If there is anything further I can do for you now or in the future, please do not hesitate at all to let usknow. We are at your service!

Reviewed December 9, 2013

The Double Tree staff was great. We had boxes of samples arriving directly to the hotel for an event and the staff was on the ball in alerting me of their arrival and making sure that we were taken care of. We also had the need for a roll away that they were glad to help us out with in a pinch. Highly recommend this team for future needs.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Ron C, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Somerset Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded December 12, 2013

Thank you for choosing to stay with us during your tradeshow. I was very glad to read how the staff took care of your needs with your packages and the rollaway. I hope the tradeshow was a success. Thank you again and happy holidays and happy new year!