“Great staff, average rooms.”

DoubleTree by Hilton Somerset Hotel & Conference Center
Ranked #4 of 16 Hotels in Somerset
virginia, United States
“Great staff, average rooms.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2013

Staff was great, very friendly and helpful but rooms not so great. I have stayed at this hotel in the past also and for some reason the quality of rooms and the furniture was never this bad. May be this time they had me staying at this floor where all the rooms are not so average.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Ron C, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Somerset Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, November 26, 2013
Thank you for recognizing our staff and thank you for your loyalty to DoubleTree by Hilton Somerset Hotel. I will be sure to pass this on to them. I do apologize that you were placed in a room that you felt was subpar in regards to condition items than you have been in the past. We do have an engineering staff member whose only responsibility is to perform upkeep on the rooms. Our new ownership is looking at renovating a few items in the hotel, so that should address some of the items you noticed during your last stay. Thank you for staying with us.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Somerset, NJ, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2013

Good value for money compared to UK business-standard, hotel room rates. The rooms are undeniably spacious. Possibly further attention to detail needed by the hotel in the next year or two to refresh decor and maintain standards (for example, fridge was overly noisy and empty !)

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for your feedback. I'm glad to read that you enjoyed the hotel. In regards to addressing the condition of some items, the new ownership is looking at performing some renovations that will spruce up the property. Thank you for staying with us and I hope we have the opportunity to serve you again.
Livingston, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2013

First time here having stayed in a few of the other properties in the area was interested to compare.

Was for 2 nights on business and although check in area was busy process by using the desk for Honors members was both quick and efficient.

Although allocated room was on Honors floor I have to be honest and say although it was sufficient for my needs and represented good value for corporate rate paid room itself was a little dated and would definitely benefit from some small improvements. Albeit minor issues things such as paint flaking off frame of bathroom door, some dirt stains on walls and stains on in-house menu and information booklet are not what you expect to find.

On positive note you have several dining options to choose from and breakfast is also very good offering a varied selection that should cater for most tastes.

Also, and if for you then gym area is much larger than what you find in other hotels in the area and was a pleasant surprise.

Overall it fulfilled my needs, staff were very helpful and friendly but also feel that there are better options to choose from in the area.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Ron C, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Somerset Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, November 18, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. I'm glad the hotel desk staff were able to get you checked in quickly and efficiently despite being busy when you arrived. Thank you for passing on the room conditions that you encountered. I do apologize that these items were not addressed prior to your check in. In regards to you mentioning the room decor, we are currently in discussion with our new ownership for renovations to take place, so the outdated feel of the property will be addressed soon. I'm glad to read that you enjoyed the breakfast and the fitness center, and that you found the staff to be helpful and friendly. That's is my goal as General Manager to have a caring, helpful and friendly staff. Thank you for choosing the DoubleTree by Hilton Somerset Hotel and I do hope you provide us the opportunity to serve you again. Thank you.
Cortlandt Manor NY, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2013

Very dissatisfied to find dried Blood on sheer curtains in main room. Very bad health hazard. Room was clean otherwise. Dead fly in toilet upon arrival. Coffee maker dirty, and water left in reservior.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Ron C, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Somerset Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, November 15, 2013
I sincerely apologize for what you encounterd on the curtains and the condition of the coffee maker. At that point, the state of the rest of the room doesn't really matter. I have met with my Director of Housekeeping to address the issue. Thank you for letting me know so that I may address the issue.
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2013

Arrived with a tour group in September, found reception staff amazing. Only regret was that we couldn't stay any more than 3 days. Loved TJ's and their hospitality. It was a refreshing experience to arrive and find the spaciousness of the outdoors and the indoor ambiance...The warm chocolate chip cookies were awesome. Will certainly recommend anyone to stay..Love the DoubleTree by Hilton chain..

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Ron C, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Somerset Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, November 12, 2013
We wish you could have stayed longer too!! Thank you for staying with us. I'm glad to read that you enjoyed yourself at the hotel, especially in TK's and the outdoor areas. Many of our guests enjoy the park-like spacious grounds. I hope to see you back with us real soon on another tour or just on your own. Thank you.
Chester, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2013

I was at the Hotel for a Shriners Ball, I was very impress with the food we had at dinner it was very good. I really enjoyed my stay and the service was excellent. I would recommend this hotel to any of my friends or family. I travel 2 hours to get to the hotel but my GPS brought me their without any problems.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Ron C, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Somerset Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, November 8, 2013
Thank you for your comments. I'm very glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and the the Shriners Ball was a fun event. I will be sure to inform my Chef that you enjoyed his food, as well as the service of the hotel. I'm glad your GPS found us without a problem. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to serve you again.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2013

The Double Tree provided all the basic necessities for our business trip to Somerset. The ample parking lot was well lit and maintained. The entry area included a small but adequate sitting area where you could wait for the rest of your party. The staff was friendly and helpful at the front desk. The bar was area was comfortable and the bar staff did a great job. The restaurant had a pretty good menu but was a little over priced. The room was clean, bed was comfortable and the bathroom was fine.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for staying with us and for your feedback. I'm happy to hear that you ejoyed the hotel. it sounds like you had an opportunity to experience quite a few aspects of the hotel and I'm glad that you were happy with them. Thank you for choosing the Somerset DoubleTree Hotel and we hope to serve you again very soon.