DoubleTree by Hilton Somerset Hotel & Conference Center
Ranked #4 of 16 Hotels in Somerset
Oyster Bay, New York
“Weekend Getaway”
Reviewed October 24, 2013

We took the Surf and Turf package, which don't believe exists any more which is find since it was not prepared well. Nice hotel and people are very accommodating. The package including breakfast is a very good deal.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Ron C, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Somerset Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, October 26, 2013
Thank you for your comments. I'm glad that you enjoyed the staff and the hotel. We still do the Surf & Turf Package. We brought it back by popoular demand for the the Summer and people were still asking about it, so we are keeping it thoughout the Fall. We have changed it up, so you may want to give it another try. Thank you for choosing us and we hope to serve you again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Gainesville, United States
Reviewed October 20, 2013

Stayed one night for a business trip. Very attentive staff and hotel was extremely clean. Wi-fi worked great, beds were comfy with plenty of feather pillows and good water pressure for showers. Disappointed there was no mini-fridge in room. Some confusion about a $10 parking charge, but that was eliminated. I would definitely stay again as the price is good for this area.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Ron C, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Somerset Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Thank you for your comments. I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay. I will be sure to share your feedback with the staff. They will be excited to hear your comments. I do apologize that we do not have refrigerators in all our guestrooms. There are about 30 rooms in the hotel that do have them. We are now in discussions for hotel renovations, so I will definitely be recommending fridges in all our guestrooms. I do apologize if there was confusion about a cost for parking. We do have all complimentary self-parking at the hotel, but if you saw something different somewhere online, or elsewhere, please let me know so I can have it corrected. Thank you for choosing DoubleTree and we look forward to serving you again.
Missouri City, Missouri
Reviewed October 18, 2013

The hotel is OLD. There is a lovely smell of burning elevator oil permeating throughout the hotel.

The bar inside the hotel is nice, although the "bartenders" are a little under-trained.

The first thing they ask you for is a hotel room. REALLY? There is a reason why the front desk doesn't say your hotel room out loud. But as soon as I sit down they ask for my hotel room or a credit card.

The rooms need updated. The bathrooms need updated. So sick of attempting to use a bathroom where there is barely enough room in the bathroom to shut the door.

The room I was in had the power outlet falling out of the wall. There was a smoke mark on the outlet in the bathroom like someone was SHOCKED previously.

The rooms are dark.

The TV channel lineup is questionable. 2013 and still don't have a vast majority of channels in HD on the HD TV??

The ceilings have visible cracks.

Would I stay again? Uh...NO.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Ron C, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Somerset Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, October 19, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide us your feedback. I do appreciate it. Thank you for your comment in regards to the elevator oil odor. We do have a hydraulic lift system for the elevators, which inherently have some odor. We have addressed this with our elevator maintanence company and they are trying to figure out a solution. I do apologize for the bar staff asking for your room number. No staff member should ever be asking a guest to verbally state their room number. Everything should be communicated in writing. This will be addressed and I do apologize for this occurring. As for your comments in regards to renovation, we are in the midst of planning a renovation right now. The hotel is just recently under new ownership and they are planning to make improvements. In addition, Hilton has just asked all their hotels to start looking at increasing TV content. We currently meet the Hilton required 37 channels with 16 of them being HDTV. The upcoming standard will be 40 channels with 24 being HD. Thank you for staying with us. I do hope that you would reconsider your decision to stay again and maybe give us a try once renovations are started. Thank you.
Westport, Connecticut
Reviewed October 10, 2013

We attended a conference on a weekend. Everytime we found something to like, there was something that was negative. The front desk staff was alternately very helpful and surly and rude, depending on who was working, the time of day, and the day of the weekend. One member of the staff would tell us a situation was handled and when we checked after the shift change, the next staff member knew nothing about it. We requested a refrigerator in our room because of a medical need, and were promised at check in that it would be delivered "later". It never came. We had to run back and forth to the front desk to retrieve items out of the refrigerator in the front office during the day and night.

The bathroom and amenities were delightful, but we needed to ask for more towels, shampoos and lotions for 3 people. The beds were attractively made up, but one was lumpy and too soft, and the other lumpy and bouncy.

We ate at the two restaurants while we were there. The taste, variety and quality of the food was above average. We found the pub had a wider selection on the menu and to be a better value than the buffet offered in the main restaurant. The wait staff was excellent and totally attentive without hovering. They provided great customer service!

Room Tip: Lovely views overlooking a pond. The rooms in the annex portion seemed more neglected.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Ron C, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Somerset Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
I do appreciate your time to provide us your feedback. Thank you. I do apologize for the inconsistency of the responses that you recieved from the front desk agents. I can see how that can be very frustrating. Thank you for alerting me to this. I was glad to read that when it was discovered that there were no additional refrigerators available that the staff assisted by holding them for you. I do apologize that we did not have one to place in your room. For bedding, I know that mattress comfort is a very individual preference, and I apologize that these were not to your liking. I'm glad that you enjoyed your dining experiences at the hotel. We have just recently changed our lunch and dinner menus in both outlets, so I'm happy to hear that you liked them. Thank you again for your comments, and thank you for choosing the DoubleTree by Hilton Somerset.
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed October 5, 2013

Stayed here for only two nights, but it was clean and comfortable. The beds were awesome, with a wonderful mattress and sot sheets. The grounds were very nice. The staff was friendly and helpful, and the room service was good, but expensive.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Ron C, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Somerset Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
Thank you for your comments. I'm glad that you enjoyed your nights sleep, as well as our staff and grounds. Our goal is to make each and every guest's visit to the hotel as comfortable as possible. Thank you for choosing us and we hope to serve you again soon.
EAST ORANGE NJ, United States
Reviewed October 4, 2013

Everyone does not eat pork and you only had pork bacon and sausage for breakfast if you don't it pork you are not entitled to meat in you breakfast when you pay the same amount of money as the people who eat pork. The toilet in my room did not fully flush you had to flush 2 to 3 times to complete the flush. The toilet finally over flowed and flooded the bathroom we called someone came fixed the toilet and someone came and wiped up the water with towels then sat them outside the room, not a good look or smell. I made a complaint at checkout to the manger on duty and he told me that there was nothing he can do since I only paid 84.00 for my stay. Is this the Double Tree by Hilton's policy?

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Ron C, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Somerset Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
Thank you for your comments. I sincerely apologize for how your issue was handled by the front desk agent when you checked out. How your complaint was handled is not how our staff is trained to handle a complaint like this. Thank you for letting me know so that I can address it with my desk manager and staff. As for the breakfast selections on the buffet, I do ask my chef to change up items on the buffet, while still maintaining the DoubleTree standards that we are asked to follow. There is definitely room for having choices within the standard and we will try to be more cognizant of the selections that we provide each day. Thank you.

Travelers are raving about these Somerset hotels

Reviewed October 3, 2013

From the time I registered to final checkout the staff was courteous and helpful. The hotel was packed with a convention yet I never felt ignored as an individual. The room was clean and the lobby beautiful. This hotel is always a good bet.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Ron C, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Somerset Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, October 4, 2013
Thank you for your comments and for taking the time to pass them on. I'm glad that you felt that personal touch we strive for regardless of how busy the hotel may be. Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to serving you again.