“Wonderful Getaway!”

Ranked #4 of 16 Hotels in Somerset
NYC
“Wonderful Getaway!”
Reviewed June 26, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for our monthly "getaway" and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. Warm cookies at check-in and the Hhonors "goodie bag" of welcome snacks were a great way to start our time away. We stayed here on our wedding night on our way to our honeymoon destination two years ago, and my husband remembered the cookies (lol). The beds are very comfortable, the rooms are clean, indoor-outdoor pool and sauna are all very nice. But the best part of our stay and the one thing that will make us come back over and over again is the staff. They are the most pleasant, gracious and accomodating staff. Like a breath of fresh air. Always smiling; from cleaning staff, front desk, restaurant, and managerial, we were made to feel welcome and like we mattered personally. We returned to the work week refreshed and rejuvenated. Great Stay!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Ron C, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Somerset Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
Thank you so very much for visiting us again. I'm very glad to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. I'm sure the cookies tatsted just as good this time as they did 2 years ago. I have shared your comments with my staff. This feedback makes their day and I'm so glad that they took good care of you while you were with us. Please, do come see us again and Happy Anniversary.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Easton, Pennsylvania
Reviewed June 24, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel on many occasions, my work is near this hotel and I have stayed at this hotel during various storms and weekend implementation projects. This hotel is a prime space for corporate stays. A spiritual organizations that I have been involved with for many years has been holding our convention here for many years as well. One of the staff here in particular Serena, has become a welcome sight to many of my after a tired work day stays. My recent stay was this past weekend, and met the hotel Manager as well as Serena. I was again treated to premier service, by Serena and her colleagues. I have read some of the partial reviews : however, after my many stays I truly can not say that I have ever had a bad stay at this hotel. My rooms have always be clean, the staff have always been helpful and the things in my room work. When things have not worked in my room which is very very rare a simple call to the front desk get prompt service. The hotel is not new, but its not falling down. Ironically, the hotel is in better shape than some of the newer hotels I have stayed. I look forward to staying here in the coming months and know that no matter what the work day brings, I will be able to get to a clean (INSECT FREE, I have yet to see any kind), comfortable, smoke free, room with fast internet and great service.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your comments. Being a traveler that has stayed with us for many a stay over a long period of time, your comments are extremely valuable to me and my team. Serena is a fantastic staff member for us, as you have had the pleasure to come find out yourself. We have shared your comments with her. Thank you for the vote of confidence and you can count on us to always give our best effort to make our guests happy. Thank you again.
Boston, MA
Reviewed June 18, 2013 via mobile

I would rate this place as better than average but not quite very good. As usual, the bed was very comfy and the hhonors gift bag was nice but I had a couple of surprises in my room, namelya broken picture frame and a random fake eyelash in the bathroom. Everything else in the room was perfectly nice but attention to those details would have put this into the very good category.

One other suggestion, a small bottle of water would have been preferable to the different salty snacks in the guest bag. But the cookie was awesome. Nice touch!

• Stayed June 2013
Thank you for your comments. I do want to apologize for the items that were in your room that were not to standard. I have addressed this with my housekeeping team. I am glad to read that everything else was to your liking. And thank you for the suggestion. Thank you for choosing us and we hope to serve you again.
Farnborough, UK
Reviewed June 16, 2013

I went for a conference/exhibition in the hotel

Good:
- cookie :-)
- pleasant and friendly staff
- free parking (large parking lot)
- great rooms
- breakfast quality is good (if expensive)
- bar food is good and not TOO expensive
- location is good if you want to be in this area !!!

Bad:
- you would need a car to get around

Room Tip: This is a big hotel, I would go away from the lobby
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Ron C, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Somerset Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, June 21, 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to provide your comments. They are much appreciated. I'm happy to see that there are many things you like about the hotel. We will continue to try hard to make your stays with us pleasant and comfortable. Thank you again.
Ohio
Reviewed June 14, 2013

Service from start to finish was great. No complaints. Location was ideal for our nearby meetings. Other than that, the building is old. I'm just guessing but it looks like it was built in the 70's. The interior has been maintained but the hotel needs some major upgrades to keep the Doubletree level of quality. It felt more like a Holiday Inn.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your feedback. I do appreciate it. We always welcome guest comments, especially when ideas for renovations come up. We have just started these discussions so your feedback is helpful and timely. Thank you for staying with us.
trenton, United States
Reviewed June 12, 2013

My experience was at Double Tree was great. I had no problems with checking in or checking out. The only small concern was the food. The food was acceptable but I thought the breakfast was a little pricey only because I'm not a big breakfast eater. Overall, my stay was pleasant and I look forward to booking more stays with Double Tree in the future.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Ron C, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Somerset Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
Hello. Thank you for your comments and rating. I'm glad you enjoyed the property. For breakfast, if you prefer a smaller amount of food, we do offer a Continental at a lower price than full buffet, as well as A La Carte items off the menu. Thank you again.
Reviewed June 8, 2013

I stay in the hotel for a meeting and training working with Sanofi Pharma and the rooms were full of beds bugs please consider other hotel. I ask for room change and the hotel was full so no more rooms available

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Ron C, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Somerset Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
Hello. Thank you for your comments. I see that your sharing an experience for when you last stayed at the hotel in July 2012. I do apologize if you encountered an issue then. Since then, the hotel is under new management and they have taken precautionary steps to utilize the services of one of the top, if not the top, pest management control and elimination companies in the industry. I would trust that you would not encounter such an experience if you visited us again. Thank yo.

Travelers are raving about these Somerset hotels